Need office PC for 35K

getvmurali

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: Pure office use with some video/audio entertainment work. Also will be used for stock trading (means might need support for multiple monitor in future). Due to space constraint looking for a smaller build

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: 35K (can go upto 40K)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10 (have both home and pro licence with me)

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: 240 should be ok

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: 22" monitor for multimedia consumption (Not intended for playing games)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: None

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Immediate

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Need help

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Chennai, planning to buy from ritchie street

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Only AMD configuration pls. I don't need any fancy RGB setups. Simple setup should be fine. Not looking to upgrade/touch this system for next 5 yrs

CPU - Intel Pentium G5400 - 4.6k

Mobo - Asus Prime H310M-E - 4.7k

RAM - 1x8GB DDR4 2400MHz (or 2666MHz whichever is cheaper) - 3k

GPU - None

SSD - Kingston A400 240GB 2.5″ - 3k

HDD - WD/Seagate 1TB - 3k

PSU - Corsair VS450 - 3.3k

Cabinet - Corsair SPEC 01 - 2.9k

Monitor - Acer Aopen 22CH1Q 21.5″ 1080p - 5.4k (or any other cheap 1080p monitor)

Total - 29.9k

KB + mouse + speaker - Atleast 0.7k
UPS - APC 600VA - 3.3k

OP
G

getvmurali

Broken In
CPU - Intel Pentium G5400 - 4.6k

Mobo - Asus Prime H310M-E - 4.7k

RAM - 1x8GB DDR4 2400MHz (or 2666MHz whichever is cheaper) - 3k

GPU - None

SSD - Kingston A400 240GB 2.5″ - 3k

HDD - WD/Seagate 1TB - 3k

PSU - Corsair VS450 - 3.3k

Cabinet - Corsair SPEC 01 - 2.9k

Monitor - Acer Aopen 22CH1Q 21.5″ 1080p - 5.4k (or any other cheap 1080p monitor)

Total - 29.9k

KB + mouse + speaker - Atleast 0.7k
UPS - APC 600VA - 3.3k
Thanks, but I don't need HDD and UPS. With that in mind, can we look at an AMD spec?

Thanks, but I don't need HDD and UPS. With that in mind, can we look at an AMD spec?
R3 3200G maybe, costs 8k, a 4 core 4 thread CPU with A320 mobo (4-5k):
Buy Amd Quad Core Ryzen 3 3200G (YD3200C5FHBOX) at Best Price in India - mdcomputers.in
Buy Gigabyte GA-A320MA-M.2 at Best Price in India - mdcomputers.in
Ask seller if A320 supports that CPU out of the box or needs latest BIOS. Most sellers should have stock with new BIOS.

OP
G

getvmurali

Broken In
R3 3200G maybe, costs 8k, a 4 core 4 thread CPU with A320 mobo (4-5k):
Buy Amd Quad Core Ryzen 3 3200G (YD3200C5FHBOX) at Best Price in India - mdcomputers.in
Buy Gigabyte GA-A320MA-M.2 at Best Price in India - mdcomputers.in
Ask seller if A320 supports that CPU out of the box or needs latest BIOS. Most sellers should have stock with new BIOS.
Thanks. I am more inclined towards R5 2400G. What could be the best configuration around this processor. pls suggest. Thanks

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
2400G is 2 gen old technically as its Zen 1st gen. 4000 series APUs would be available for general consumers in few months as they are available to OEMs now.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks. I am more inclined towards R5 2400G. What could be the best configuration around this processor. pls suggest. Thanks
It is old gen(as mentioned above, 1st gen actually) but it is alright for the usages you mentioned though if you can afford to wait then it is better to get Ryzen 4xxx processor.

OP
G

getvmurali

Broken In
I did see abt the upcoming 4000 series, but seems they will be available only by end of 2020.
I actually wanted to go for Intel processors, but seems most of them need a separate GPU and hence I am leaning towards Ryzen G series. Anyways i need a PC within the next 2 to 3 weeks. I am still confused to either go with R5 or R3.

Furthermore, as mentioned in the request, I need a smaller cabinet and all components based on that.

I did see abt the upcoming 4000 series, but seems they will be available only by end of 2020.
I actually wanted to go for Intel processors, but seems most of them need a separate GPU and hence I am leaning towards Ryzen G series. Anyways i need a PC within the next 2 to 3 weeks. I am still confused to either go with R5 or R3.

Furthermore, as mentioned in the request, I need a smaller cabinet and all components based on that.
No, Intel ones have iGPU in most models except those with "F" suffix. All Ryzens except G lack iGPU on the other hand.

The cabinet suggested above is already the smallest/cheapest model from corsair. If you can post some pic of your intended cabinet size then it will help.
Maybe OP needs smaller than ATX, like mATX with mATX mobo. That mobo seems mATX but I'm not sure of mATX cabinets. SPEC 01 is ATX. OP should forget mini ITX.

OP
G

getvmurali

Broken In
The cabinet suggested above is already the smallest/cheapest model from corsair. If you can post some pic of your intended cabinet size then it will help.
The desk we have is of size 3.5 F X 2.5 F and this place have to hold everything, including the UPS and hence space crunch.

Maybe OP needs smaller than ATX, like mATX with mATX mobo. That mobo seems mATX but I'm not sure of mATX cabinets. SPEC 01 is ATX. OP should forget mini ITX.
I am ok with mATX or ITX. Even if its a local stuff iam fine. But then the pressing need is space saver

OP
G

getvmurali

Broken In
No, Intel ones have iGPU in most models except those with "F" suffix. All Ryzens except G lack iGPU on the other hand.

Oh..i was under the understanding that intel processors need GPU for most of the models.

Apologies for going back and forth. Actually my need is for office use and not gaming. I reckon that single thread processing power is more desired than multiple thread processing. With that in mind which one is best, Intel or AMD. If Intel, what rig can I look for (Pls excuse Pentium)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Oh..i was under the understanding that intel processors need GPU for most of the models.

Apologies for going back and forth. Actually my need is for office use and not gaming. I reckon that single thread processing power is more desired than multiple thread processing. With that in mind which one is best, Intel or AMD. If Intel, what rig can I look for (Pls excuse Pentium)
For Intel, Pentium G5400 is the only option you have TBH in this budget, unless you can get used i3 8100 or i5 7400 for 5-6k.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
The desk we have is of size 3.5 F X 2.5 F and this place have to hold everything, including the UPS and hence space crunch.

I am ok with mATX or ITX. Even if its a local stuff iam fine. But then the pressing need is space saver
*mdcomputers.in/deepcool-mini-tower-matrexx-30-tempered-dp-matx-matrexx30.html

OP
G

getvmurali

Broken In

Iam reposting the same question again...which processor is good for single thread processing (mostly office type works)...Intel or AMD?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Iam reposting the same question again...which processor is good for single thread processing (mostly office type works)...Intel or AMD?
At your price point, both are roughly the same for single-threaded performance. So, it doesn't matter. Just buy whatever is cheaper.

Low-end Intel CPUs don't have the much famed 5 GHz clock speed that gives them higher single-threaded performance.

At your price point, both are roughly the same for single-threaded performance. So, it doesn't matter. Just buy whatever is cheaper.

Low-end Intel CPUs don't have the much famed 5 GHz clock speed that gives them higher single-threaded performance.
+1 to this

Top Bottom