Need new monitor .. suggestions pls.

NeedToKnow

Journeyman
What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans:

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: 15 k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: na

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: windows 10

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: na

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: monitor only , replacement of lg 22MP68VQ-P

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: nothing else

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: next month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: yes

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Kolkata , open to online option also

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: resolution should be min . Fhd & size min. 22" , I have a zotac 960 gpu

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk

LG 24GN650 & HP x24ih are the best gaming monitor options for 15-16k.
HP X24ih vs LG 27GN650-B Side-by-Side Monitor Comparison
27GN650 is a bit different model apparently.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
This planning to overclock from monitor questionnaire should be removed IMO. Nobody ocs monitors anymore and if they do its the exception

OP
NeedToKnow

NeedToKnow

Journeyman
Sorry my bad , correction below
1. Budget?
15 k
2. Display type and size?
22-30" whatever suits the budget , 1080p min required
3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily?
Monitor only
4. Types and number of ports required?
HDMI , dvi ,
5. Preferred choice of brand?
Nil
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration
No , open to suggestions
7. Any other info that you want to share.
Would be upgrading from lg 22MP68VQ-P , have a zotac 960 gpu

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Sorry my bad , correction below
1. Budget?
15 k
2. Display type and size?
22-30" whatever suits the budget , 1080p min required
3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily?
Monitor only
4. Types and number of ports required?
HDMI , dvi ,
5. Preferred choice of brand?
Nil
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration
No , open to suggestions
7. Any other info that you want to share.
Would be upgrading from lg 22MP68VQ-P , have a zotac 960 gpu

As Omega mentioned, let us know if its gaming or general-purpose monitor. If gaming, then what kind of games. This will allow members to suggest monitor with higher Refresh-Rate, if needed.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Assuming your requirement is gaming, LG panels are a good balance of refresh rate + resolution. But I myself have faced several issues with LG Panels, because of which I will most likely avoid in the future.

OP
NeedToKnow

NeedToKnow

Journeyman
Light gaming (as supported by gpu which I wish to keep till death) , binge watching , trading , office work in ms office .
Earlier one was 60 hrz , so that being base upper limit is upto what budget permits

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I dont think there is any point to go beyond 60 hz, given your GPU but if you play esports titles then it might be worth it.

Light gaming (as supported by gpu which I wish to keep till death) , binge watching , trading , office work in ms office .
Earlier one was 60 hrz , so that being base upper limit is upto what budget permits

Since you have the budget, that LG monitor I suggested is 15.5k, just get that. 24" 1080p 60Hz monitors cost like 13k, usually inferior panel in terms of colour or contrast and definitely an inferior stand. BenQ GW2480 is a good 60Hz choice, but overpriced at 13.7k. It was 9-10k before all the WFH began.
*www.amazon.in/LG-Ultragear-Gaming-inch-Full/dp/B09T354DQ8/

GTX 960 should still run light games like Valorant, CS GO, DOTA 2, etc at 60+ fps.

OP
NeedToKnow

NeedToKnow

Journeyman
Thanks for your reply , will definitely check it out , any other recommendations?

Top Bottom