need more space for my ubuntu8.04

Status
Not open for further replies.

kratosal

Right off the assembly line
i want to format my some of ntfs partition to ext3 in order to allocate more space to my ubuntu without affecting my windows files. is there any way but the twist in the problem is that i have only one drive for window with paging file and due to which my shrinking option(i am using windows vista premieum) is not working saying that it cannot shrink a volume with paging file. i am not using third party software because of the fear that it might affect my data adversly. is there any software which could help but my gist of problem is that i need more space for linux(ubuntu) without affecting my windows.

yogeshm.007

The real Bond
Can your hardware allow you to run Vista without pagefile? :D

Options
1. You can install Ubuntu on the same partition as Vista (Refer: *wubi-installer.org/;it must already be in your Ubuntu disk, just execute wubi.exe from the CD)
2. I've never installed Ubuntu on hard drive so am not sure, but normally you can also resize partition using the partitioning utility during system installation.

I've no experience with 3rd party partitioning software, so cant say anything about that.

Rahim

Married!
Use Gparted for your partition needs and even Ubuntu will allow you to shrink your existing partition and create the required root (/)and swap partitions if you choose guided partition option while installing Ubuntu or can manually create them. Its your choice and it will not affect Vista.
How much disk space you have btw? 80 GB?

BTW this should be posted in Open Source section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom