Need Mobo + Cabinet For FX 8350

TheHumanBot

Padawan
Hi guys,
i need a new motherboard for FX 8350 and a new cabinet.
hardware guy suggesting me Gigabyte 990 TUD3 and Cooler Master Cabinet with SMPS?
*www.flipkart.com/gigabyte-ga-990fx...oard&ref=f8917acb-8b98-45a3-9977-9731a92f1752
what should i buy ? cooler master is good ?
so help me i plan to get this today evening mostly if i get replies or tomorrow morning. :cry:

no fixed budget will get the best suitable with this.

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
do you need both mobo and cabby under 13k or do you have separate budget for cabby? please give other details of pc too.
i suggest to get this M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Motherboard - ASUS: Flipkart.com along with betfenix merc alpha.

OP
TheHumanBot

TheHumanBot

Padawan
what other info. you need ? FX 8350 got need mobo and new cabinet. i already have corsair 8GB ram, 2GB GFX Card, Keyboard/mouse, 1TB HDD.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
what other info. you need ? FX 8350 got need mobo and new cabinet. i already have corsair 8GB ram, 2GB GFX Card, Keyboard/mouse, 1TB HDD.

you may go with the suggested board and cabby. if little flexible, carbide 300r,antec gx700 are also good options.

anyway which gpu you have? which psu?

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Coolermaster is pretty good, One of the best companies for cases, PSUs etc
Coolermaster N300 is a pretty good case for 3.7k. Carbide 300r is good too

OP
TheHumanBot

TheHumanBot

Padawan
never did overclocking but looking into it since i am dispointed with performance of another FX 8350 machine.

budget is around 15k for mobo and 5k for cabinet + psu.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
spending 15k on a mobo in the hope of getting performance boost from overclocked 8350 is a waste of money.
Benchmark Results: Adobe CS 6 - AMD FX-8350 Review: Does Piledriver Fix Bulldozer's Flaws?
After Effects CS 6 is no friendlier to AMD’s design than CS 5.5 was. A higher base clock rate does help the Piledriver-based FX-8350 land in front of the almost two-year-old Phenom II X6 1100T, but it trails the full complement of chips from Intel.

Can an AMD chip overclocked to 5GHz keep up with Haswell? | ExtremeTech

i suggest looking at other factors like temps/ram issues/hard disk space/defragmentation to increase performance & if after doing all that you still don't get the desired increase then you can't do anything else.there is a reason people buy i7 & overclock it because faster performance costs money.

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
never did overclocking but looking into it since i am dispointed with performance of another FX 8350 machine.

budget is around 15k for mobo and 5k for cabinet + psu.

get asus m5a99x pro for 11.5k (if you want an overclock of 4.8 Ghz stable and even more), seasonic s12 ii 520 - 4.2k and antec gx700 -4k.
remember you need a very good cooler for that high overclocks.
if high overclock is not required, then settle with asus m5a97 evo r2.0 for 8k

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if your friend already bought the processor then go with asus m5a97 evo r2.0 & don't overclock as it doesn't seem overclocking a 8350 is worth it.the link i posted earlier has a 8350 overclocked to 5.0GHz using an exotic cpu cooler which produce sub-zero temps & still it wasn't stable enough to do extensive benchmarking.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
For 4.8Ghz you not only need water or similar Air cooler you would also require a cool cabinet that that has two 200mm fans on top and a large side intake in India practically to run stable.

Top Bottom