Need Laptop_Budget 70K

shreeux

Movie Buff
Its Behalf of My Friend...Need Laptop Urgently

1) What is your budget?
(INR or USD)
60 to 70k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
  • Netbook; 15" or Above

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

For general productivity using outside for a Client meeting and

Browsing on multiple tabs & browsers
Office suites for Documents/PPTs
YouTube videos

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for?

No Idea about config: Any futuristic next 5 years without any lagging

As of now...He visits a local Dell Dealer convinced of this model...Image attached below
*i.imgur.com/Qp1RwDS.jpg

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

a. Like: DELL, HP
b. Dislike: No Idea

6) Anything else you would like to say?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
You have already tagged the people who have more knowledge than me about laptops, so wait for their inputs on particular models. Just to start the discussion now, with 70K budget, go for latest gen processor at least. Unless you are getting high performing processor from 11th gen within in 70K. that i5 model on display above is just mediocre.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Much better option IMO:
*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-ga...rce-gtx-1650-15ach6-laptop/p/itmd80a61e435ec5

PS: Nvidia should retire MX450 or any other shit tier laptop GPU.

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
Much better option IMO:
*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-ga...rce-gtx-1650-15ach6-laptop/p/itmd80a61e435ec5

PS: Nvidia should retire MX450 or any other shit tier laptop GPU.

It's better than Intel i5 11th Gen?
Any heating issue in AMD?
After Service Good?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Last edited:
OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H vs Intel Core i5-11300H

Not since Ryzen AFAIK.

Depends on the city I think but it has 1 year ADP and you should be able to extend the warranty for a small amount. As always, watch reviews from reputed tech youtube channels before making a purchase.
Looking Good

OP
shreeux

shreeux

Movie Buff
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H vs Intel Core i5-11300H

Not since Ryzen AFAIK.

Depends on the city I think but it has 1 year ADP and you should be able to extend the warranty for a small amount. As always, watch reviews from reputed tech youtube channels before making a purchase.

How about this...little extended budget or any alternative...HP Victus Latest AMD Ryzen 7-5800H

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
How about this...little extended budget or any alternative...HP Victus Latest AMD Ryzen 7-5800H
Extra vertical resolution is good. I thought he won't be gaming, that's why I suggested the cheaper one. Please consult Jarrod's Tech and Bob Of All Trades reviews for both.

HP Aero 13 (13") with R5 5600U, 16GB RAM & 512GB SSD for 63k or Lenovo Slim 5 pro (14") with R7 5800U + 16GB RAM + 2.5K display for 70k are far superior choices for non-gaming tasks. For multimedia laptops, blindly ignore Intel 11th gen, Ryzen has superior performance & battery life. Ryzen 5000 vs Intel 12th gen, Ryzen still has better battery life, performance depends on Intel's CPU model & power limits of laptop.

*www.amazon.in/HP-Pavilion-Ultra-Thin-Anti-Glare-13-be0206AU/dp/B09HV4B42C/?th=1

*www.amazon.in/dp/B09M41GR4K/

CPU 2021.png

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Good Laptops are already recommended above. Just make sure its lightweight and highly portable as will be used outside a lot.
16GB RAM is overkill for current use but a plus to have for future. 512 GB SSD is enough and don't add any HDD :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
16GB RAM is overkill for current use but a plus to have for future.
I have 8gb ram on my desktop running latest win 10 & despite having 3gb physical ram available I still face "windows run out of memory error" often because of how the latest security mitigations on win 10 works with browsers like chrome where opening even 10-15 tabs may result in a situation where despite having 40% physical ram unused the committed ram(physical ram+page file) usage will exceed 95% resulting in system error. Nowadays unless you have 16g ram don't count on 8gb ram being enough for anything more than 6-7 tabs in chrome browser unless having at least 5-6gb(or system managed with enough free space in C drive) page file size.

For most users, IMO 8GB is still enough, but it is like the minimum RAM one should have, not 4GB. Also, Ryzen laptops block 2GB for VRAM of iGPU (don't know why this much or why they don't allow users to modify it). So 16GB for this price is honestly not extra-ordinary.

Some people have said that 32GB is overkill for my PC for gaming, but I was kind of restricted with 16GB already on my laptop, as in can't have say FH5 + Chrome with 10+ tabs open, hence jumped to 32GB. For me, 16GB to 32GB RAM is a bigger QoL upgrade than i5 12400 to maybe i5 12600K.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
For most users, IMO 8GB is still enough, but it is like the minimum RAM one should have, not 4GB. Also, Ryzen laptops block 2GB for VRAM of iGPU (don't know why this much or why they don't allow users to modify it). So 16GB for this price is honestly not extra-ordinary.
See my previous post. It is entirely possible that on win 10 latest versions while using chrome with 10+ tabs open you may run out of system ram while still having around 40% physical ram(around 5gb used out of 8gb ram) showing as available unless your system managed/set page file size is quite large(say 6GB+).

See my previous post. It is entirely possible that on win 10 latest versions while using chrome with 10+ tabs open you may run out of system ram while still having around 40% physical ram(around 5gb used out of 8gb ram) showing as available unless your system managed/set page file size is quite large(say 6GB+).
Just saying, most users don't usually have so many tabs, even if they do, it should ideally get cached to storage

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just saying, most users don't usually have so many tabs, even if they do, it should ideally get cached to storage
Are you sure because most of time I see other peoples laptops it is usually 7-8 chrome tabs? Caching has nothing to do with this ram issue, it is basically that chrome due to certain reasons demand a "large continuous block of free ram" which it is not getting from the available physical ram(aka suppose chrome demands a chunk of 500mb ram but out of 40% free physical ram the largest continuous chunk available is of 400mb size so this chunk will come out of page file even though total amount of physical ram available is still 40% of installed capacity).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check this test on 8GB RAM usage (pretty old video but good one)
Posting a 5 years old video in a discussion about latest win 10 & chrome is like posting a review of xp running on earliest sata ssd to get an idea about latest pcie v4.0 ssd speeds. I suggest you to not post such irrelevant & obsolete videos in discussions regarding latest software/hardware.

Are you sure because most of time I see other peoples laptops it is usually 7-8 chrome tabs? Caching has nothing to do with this ram issue, it is basically that chrome due to certain reasons demand a "large continuous block of free ram" which it is not getting from the available physical ram(aka suppose chrome demands a chunk of 500mb ram but out of 40% free physical ram the largest continuous chunk available is of 400mb size so this chunk will come out of page file even though total amount of physical ram available is still 40% of installed capacity).
Just saying based on exp with my cousins' laptops, relatives & my father. I have been using 16GB RAM since 2016, now in 2022 jumped to 32GB.

Top Bottom