Need laptop with room for more RAM

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
1) What is your budget?
INR ~30K-50K (lower the better)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Coding, occasional gaming and little graphic stuff..

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Not really but nothing less than 8GB RAM and i5 or equivalent processor.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Any brand will do as long as after sales services is available locally

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Online preferred
Full HD resolution preferred

Other things to NOTE:
  • Want to have RAM 16GB or more, so should have room for it
  • I am using lappy with SSD, would like to use it in new lappy, otherwise should have provision of mSATA in it.
  • Any processor will do if its better or equivalent to latest i5

tl;dr
Want a lappy with good proccy at lowest possible price in which I can upgrade RAM (16 GB or more) and SSD later (already have 250GB)

Last edited:
For gaming, this is your best bet in 50k
Asus A550JX XX142D Core I7 4720HQ 4GB 1TB 15 6" HD 4GB Nvidia 950M Graphics | eBay

No manufacturer warranty though

Otherwise HP ab029tx... It has inferior cpu & gpu but has 1080p screen & warranty

In both laptops you have to remove dvd drive & install ssd if you want hdd+ssd setup

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Thanks [MENTION=60562]anupam_pb[/MENTION], ASUS looks good, however, it supports RAM only upto 12GB and that too with 2 slots.. means.. 6 GB RAM sticks. I will give it a pass for now but good suggestion though.

HP AB029TX does support 16 GB but as said, inferior GPU and CPU (though 5th gen i5) . But I just realized HP has little bad reputation in terms of quality. I will keep looking though, if you find any good deal, do let me know.

Thanks [MENTION=60562]anupam_pb[/MENTION], ASUS looks good, however, it supports RAM only upto 12GB and that too with 2 slots.. means.. 6 GB RAM sticks. I will give it a pass for now but good suggestion though.

HP AB029TX does support 16 GB but as said, inferior GPU and CPU (though 5th gen i5) . But I just realized HP has little bad reputation in terms of quality. I will keep looking though, if you find any good deal, do let me know.
There are no 6GB RAM sticks(2, 4 & 8 only) ... Asus also supports 16GB RAM

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Yap, however it is mentioned on laptop config that it Supports 12GB ram and has total two slots... So how that goes...
6+6 :p ... Perhaps 8+4 ..

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Yap, however it is mentioned on laptop config that it Supports 12GB ram and has total two slots... So how that goes...
6+6 :p ... Perhaps 8+4 ..

It would 8 + 4. Also make sure to check if the RAM is soldered to the motherboard or not. In some laptops these days ,one RAM slot is soldered and the other free for the user to add/replace RAM modules.

Top Bottom