Need laptop purchase advice

ednewgate29

Right off the assembly line
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD) ? --> Max 50-60k INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer? --> Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook? Mostly Programming, watching movies and sometimes playing entry level games (not a hardcore gaming).

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: None
b. Dislike: None

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ? i5 7/8th Gen, 8GB RAM, SSD

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution
---> 1080p Full HD
Battery back up ---> extended (5-7 hrs)
Purchase place ---> Flipkart/Amazon, local

Friends, please feel free to post your suggestions. Thanks

Last edited:
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD) Max 50-60k INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer? --> Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook? Mostly Programming, sometimes watching movies and entry level games.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: None
b. Dislike: None

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ? i5 7 or 8th Gen, 8GB RAM, SSD,

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution ( 768p (HD) / 900p / 1080p (Full HD) ) 1080p Full HD
Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs) / extended (5-7hrs) ) normal (3-4 hrs)
Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart, infibeam) / Local / Abroad (do mention the country) ) Flipkart/Amazon, local
Looks like, a Asus Vivobook s15 should be good for you. Take a look. Usually costs ~60k.

Hey Thanks for quick reply but does this model has SSD? Since i couldn't find in model's specification list.
Sorry about that, check the ASUS Vivobook S14. Currently its 59k, but during sale it does come down to 50k. I recommend you wait for that. You will be able to play some lightweight games. But don't expect much.
Do check a few reviews.

OP
E

ednewgate29

Right off the assembly line
Does buying Macbook air is good choice in 2018 at around 58k ?? I have never used Macbook before but i heard lot of good things in terms of performance and build quality plus it offer good bits like best battery backup, light weight and SSD. But my doubt is, CPU which is i5(5th Gen) processor and 128GB SSD.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does buying Macbook air is good choice in 2018 at around 58k ?? I have never used Macbook before but i heard lot of good things in terms of performance and build quality plus it offer good bits like best battery backup, light weight and SSD. But my doubt is, CPU which is i5(5th Gen) processor and 128GB SSD.
Don't buy old model macbook air now,new models with latest hardware are expected to be launched in next few months.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
It wasn't even a good choice in 2015.

Proper ultrabook that is much better than the MacBooks sold at similar price:
Asus ZenBook Core i5 8th Gen - (8 GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) UX430UA-GV334T Thin and Light Laptop Rs.69990 Price in India - Buy Asus ZenBook Core i5 8th Gen - (8 GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) UX430UA-GV334T Thin and Light Laptop Blue Metal Online - Asus : Flipkart.com

Top Bottom