Need Laptop for Multimedia and Editing within 60k

krish_techie

Broken In
Hi Guys,

I'm Looking for a laptop with the below features :

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD) ~60k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer? ~ >13 Inch

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook? ~ Mainly for Multimedia consumption like Netflix and youtube. Should be capable of 4k video editing (atleast full hd videos) and i might use this to run some basic programming software like visual studio and some oracle database applications.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Nothing in my mind as of now .. for my budget i guess i would something with i5 processor and 2gb graphics.
Any ideas about Macbooks. I mean how are they for my purpose here. I already have a Samsung S02IN laptop(~62K) with i7 and 8gb ram and 2gb 960m graphics a few years back. It was a good laptop but i've stopped gaming for a while now and need to get into programming and multimedia stuff so decided to give it to my bro who's in college as it will be useful to him.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Dell, Lenovo or Apple
b. Dislike: HP

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution ( 768p (HD) / 900p / 1080p (Full HD) ) - Prefer Full HD
Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs) / extended (5-7hrs) ) - Around 4-5 Hrs should be good
Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart, infibeam) / Local / Abroad (do mention the country) ) - Thinking of a local shop in hyderabad. If i get a good deal online i would go for online purchase.

Additional Info :

After using a really good laptop like samsung so2in , i feel like getting something similar to that.
But since i've stopped gaming(Maybe i'll build a full packed PC for that next year) i'm thinking of macbooks.
Any macbook owners here with any useful guidance ?
If Macbook is not an option i'm thinking of going for something in dell or Lenovo with i5 and some decent graphic card.
ANd most important thing for me now is display :)

Thanks for patiently reading till here .. Thanks in advance :)
ps : sorry for typo's if any :p

A

amit.tiger12

^other than Netflix, you should ask support and try for Kodi, worth trying.. available on mobile also..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only choices you have regarding graphics card is nvidia 940m or AMD TROPO XT2(both GDDR3 versions). In India it is very difficult to buy a laptop with good graphics card that justifies its price tag.Another important thing to note,as you mentioned video editing,is almost all laptops from big/major brands in India comes with "U" version(ultra low/dual core) of core i processors which are pretty weak compared to the "HQ" version(true quad core) when using multi-threaded applications like video encoding/compressing/decompressing etc.

I think for the same price you will get a much better deal/configuration abroad & if you have some friend/relative willing to buy & bring it back with you(do check international warranty as it is must else no support in India) then it is a no-brainer.

OP
krish_techie

krish_techie

Broken In
Only choices you have regarding graphics card is nvidia 940m or AMD TROPO XT2(both GDDR3 versions). In India it is very difficult to buy a laptop with good graphics card that justifies its price tag.Another important thing to note,as you mentioned video editing,is almost all laptops from big/major brands in India comes with "U" version(ultra low/dual core) of core i processors which are pretty weak compared to the "HQ" version(true quad core) when using multi-threaded applications like video encoding/compressing/decompressing etc.

I think for the same price you will get a much better deal/configuration abroad & if you have some friend/relative willing to buy & bring it back with you(do check international warranty as it is must else no support in India) then it is a no-brainer.

Thanks for the suggestion. But i can't import from US or any other country as i'm thinking of buying this with emi option. Yes 940m might be the one in this budget. is there something betterthat i can buy if i increase the budget to probably 80k ?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Thanks for the suggestion. But i can't import from US or any other country as i'm thinking of buying this with emi option. Yes 940m might be the one in this budget. is there something betterthat i can buy if i increase the budget to probably 80k ?

You'll have to wait for laptops with 1050/ti to be released in India AND hope they don't overprice them stupidly.

Top Bottom