Need laptop for gaming at around 60k.

sarthak96

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR):60k-70k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Gaming and Programming

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
something with GTX850m or amd equivalent will be good.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:Lenovo,Asus,MSI
b. Dislike:Dell

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution:Dont care. HD or fHD will do
Battery back up:normal
Purchase place:Local or Flipkart

The minimum sys requirements of Watchdogs and Shadows of Mordor are spine chilling. Y510p(i5) doesnt even meet minimum requirements. I can(and want to) wait till Q4 2014 for something capable to handle next gen games. I was wondering if any MSI laptops will be launched in India. 720p low at 30fps in upcoming games is fine for me.

Umm, in your 60-70k budget you have limited options. Starting from Corei5 version of Y510p to Corei7s that go upto Rs74,000.
As for system requirements, dont care much for them with your budget, just adjust yourself to low graphics settings.

I use a 2 yr old HP G6 laptop worth around Rs30,000 and can play almost every games except CPU intensive ones (Frostbite3 Engine gameslike BF4 and NFS Rivals). My laptop fails in system requirement every time but i can always manage playable frame rates at native 1366x768 resolution. It even runs Tomb Raider at medium settings. Hats off to Square Enix. Best game developers ever.. All their beautiful games run flawlessly on poor-man-PCs ( MGS Revergence,Sleeping Dogs,Just Cause 2....etc etc). Unlike Frostbyte Engine games that are a whore for multi core CPUs and have the worst scalability in graphics even though they-dont compare/are on par- with awesome game engines like the Tomb raider engine.

The Y510p can run games like Battlefield 4 nicely, so CPU-GPU throttling wont be as big of an issue compared to lowly ones like mine. Am sure games like Watchdogs will run with low-med settings. If it doesnt, then thats bad from dev's side.
Your other best alternative is in the 1 lakh territory, that to, Alienware 14. I hate playing on my tiny 15.6" laptop screen and i just cant imagine someone playing on a 14" screen.
At approx Rs1.3 lakh you can get those MSI G70 series .

OP
S

sarthak96

Broken In
Do you think an i7 will be neccesary? These games are being developed for 4+ cores as minimum but I feel these might be isolated cases since a very huge population of pc gamers use dual cores. Since the maxwell gtx850m is much faster than gt755m should I wait for maxwell powered laptops?

$hadow

Geek in making
Yup more threads are required for modern games.
So better get the one with more threads.

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale
when do you need to buy? MSI gaming laptops will be released possibly by 2nd half of the year in India. So if you're willing to wait something which is powerful and affordable, maybe you can opt to wait. (BIS concerns)

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Well witcher 3 will kill any laptop you throw at it anyway :-D
I'm skeptical if DX12 improve conditions much so i'll buy the i7 y510p after around a month(entrance exams :-x)

I am aiming for at least high in WItcher 3. I can almost max out all current games in my laptop.

OP
S

sarthak96

Broken In
when do you need to buy? MSI gaming laptops will be released possibly by 2nd half of the year in India. So if you're willing to wait something which is powerful and affordable, maybe you can opt to wait. (BIS concerns)
Well I am not sure if msi laptops can be priced as low as 60-70k, but I can wait.

- - - Updated - - -

I am aiming for at least high in WItcher 3. I can almost max out all current games in my laptop.
You have the sli y500,must have bought it from outside India. I was talking about laptops in Indian market.

rhyansy

Well I am not sure if msi laptops can be priced as low as 60-70k, but I can wait.

Good news is that GP series will also be released together with GT and GE. GP is exactly within that range. Exact launching date will all depend on Indian government now.

OP
S

sarthak96

Broken In
are notebookcheck results reliable? There are huge fps differences between gt840m ddr3 and gt755m gddr5. This makes y510p the best choice. GTX850m looks too beefy to ever fall within my budget and GT840m is weak

rhyansy

are notebookcheck results reliable? There are huge fps differences between gt840m ddr3 and gt755m gddr5. This makes y510p the best choice. GTX850m looks too beefy to ever fall within my budget and GT840m is weak

Test results are for reference. Our MSI engineers made tests and results are below.

GPU Mapping.jpg

Top Bottom