Need help with battery and samsung service

TechnoBOY

Padawan
So recently my device was overheating, to my bad, I was using it near water. So somehow the water got inside.. I could see water moisture on the front cam and rear cam..after a few minutes the device was completely dead ...so I took it to the service center and they quoted me 120BD approx 24k. So for that amount, I could get a new s9 and cause of that I did get it repaired. And they did close the back cover so I could see the swollen battery.
After few weeks tried charging my device and the device booted up. Everything was working fine except for the battery backup. The phone is shutting down at 80%..after resetting it could be used around 50%.
So the faulty part must the battery or is it cause of something else?.
And right now I can't get it to abroad so called the local service center..they quoted 3000 INR but the thing is that there won't be any warranty for the replaced product.
they told me that they already have the battery with them they just need to order the adhesive for the back
I was having second thoughts about replacing so I told them I just need the adhesive(they didn't glue it together properly the first time.)But they said both battery and adhesive come as a package so it not possible...so why was the battery only available there?
Now I'm confused about getting it repaired ..

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I'd say go with the INR 3000 replacement. One of my friends did it with his old S4 back in the day and that lasted a bit over the year before he got a new phone..

How old is your phone exactly?

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

OP
TechnoBOY

TechnoBOY

Padawan
I'd say go with the INR 3000 replacement. One of my friends did it with his old S4 back in the day and that lasted a bit over the year before he got a new phone..

How old is your phone exactly?

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk
The phone is one year old.
The service will be authentic right?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
The phone is one year old.
The service will be authentic right?
It's just not worth the 25k investment just for that I feel. Most of these persons use similar but 3rd party parts hence the prices are much less. Unless done in official shop it isn't "authentic" per se.

OP
TechnoBOY

TechnoBOY

Padawan
Only if done at authorized service centre irrespective of warranty status.
Yeah I took it to authorized centre
It's just not worth the 25k investment just for that I feel. Most of these persons use similar but 3rd party parts hence the prices are much less. Unless done in official shop it isn't "authentic" per se.
Yep they said the battery must be faulty..so im replacing it for 3k..

Top Bottom