Need help in upgrading on a budget

sam970605

Broken In
So here's the deal.
I have an old rig and I haven't been able to upgrade it because of financial restraints until now. As a result, I have missed out on some of the best games in recent years. I want to upgrade the CPU and make it reliable enough for the next few years. My old Configuration is:

Intel i3 2120
Kingston 4gb DDR3 ram
Asus NVIDIA GeForce EN210 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card
PSU is inbuilt Intex 500w
Intel DH16WW Motherboard

Now I want to make this a gaming pc to run games on med settings at the very least.
Please help me with figuring out the bare minimums I can upgrade to work with this till Elder Scrolls 6 comes out.
Thanks for any help in advance

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming. Let's see: Mad Max, Far Cry 4, Batman: Arkham Knight, Dishonoured 2, The New CODs after Black Ops 2, Dying Light, Far Cry Primal, The Witcher 3 and Especially The games that are released in the next couple of years. I can't miss the next Elder Scrolls (I love Skyrim to death)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 40k max

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Nope

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7. I love it

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: About 2TB. Can't afford SSDs :(

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Nope, I already have a 22 inch monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor , Speakers, Mouse, Keyboard

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Early 2018

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Never, But I will be doing this one myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:New Delhi , Depends on where the component is cheaper and on warranty and Yes.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Nope

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
You need to increase budget to at least 60k. It is next to impossible to build a config for games you intend to play while "future-proofing" it.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
GTX 1050TI should not be bottlenecked by your CPU "too much"

i think a better upgrade path / bang for buck is..

1) change PSU , Corsair TX550M - Rs 5700
2) Gtx 1050TI - 11,500
3) additional Corsair 4gb ddr3 ram stick .. ( 2nd hand in warranty would be much better as ram prices are high now)

Total - 19-20k

save those 20-21k now , start playing all the old games you haven't played (start with less demanding games first ) and sell this GPU after 1-1.5 year or so , it should sell for 7.5k .. and change your GPU and CPU in 2019 , GTX 1060 is getting old now and successor 2060 will likely bring a big improvement this year for the same price or equivalent Amd GPU . so buy in 2019 with the money saved now + money from selling existing system + additional savings till then ...

2nd hand in warranty 1050TI would be even better as it will reduce your loss when you sell it

PSU investment is long term for 8 years or so

This is a huge upgrade over your existing system , and you can play most of the games you haven't played at decent settings and decent frame rates , .. search youtube and you will find benchmarks with 1050ti or equivalent GPU's and i3 2100 , 2120 etc.. and then finally decide

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Asus NVIDIA GeForce EN210 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card

Why did you even purchase this, the i3 2100 iGPU can be overclocked to be almost as fast.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -45K

AMD Ryzen 3 1300 -10500,
Asus Prime A320M-K -5000,
Corsair Value Series 8GB 3000Mhz -5500,
Corsair CX550 -4500,
Antec GX200 -3000,
WD Caviar Blue 2TB -5500,
Zotac GTX1050Ti 4GB Mini -11000.
TOTAL -45,000.

Top Bottom