Need help in starting a website: Help Please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajsujayks

CSE Freak!
I and my friends are planning to start a website for students. I use Joomla as a CMS and SMF for a forum. I use Easy PHP to test the site in my PC. I need advice on the following matters:
-Where can I purchase a domain? Is GoDaddy good?
-Is the free hosting provided by GoDaddy on purchase of a site good?
-How do I transfer my site to the server?

Please help as we are complete novices. Please keep in mind that it is only a startup website and I don't expect more than 2500 visitors a month.

mrintech

Technomancer
I and my friends are planning to start a website for students. I use Joomla as a CMS and SMF for a forum. I use Easy PHP to test the site in my PC. I need advice on the following matters:
-Where can I purchase a domain? Is GoDaddy good?
-Is the free hosting provided by GoDaddy on purchase of a site good?
-How do I transfer my site to the server?

Please help as we are complete novices. Please keep in mind that it is only a startup website and I don't expect more than 2500 visitors a month.
Better go for Indian Webhosts. The following are the best webhosting providers
* www.host4cheap.org
* www.whost.in
* www.ewebguru.com
* www.outpowerhosting.com

They will also provide you with domain which will cost around 450/ per year.

Also when you signup with them you will get personalised cPanel so that you can trasnfer your files from your computer.

You'll need domain+hosting
Go for either one of the following providers:

OutPowerHosting
Host4Cheap

Both sites are managed by two of our experienced forum members and have many satisfied customers.(including me :D)

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Please use google. There are some nuances about Goaddy's domain name and hosting, but I can't recollect all of them now. Better research.

Personally, I would recommend www.whost.in for domain and hosting. I am using them for the past 1 year and hosting 5 domains(which have been bought through them). Infact, just a couple of days ago, I renewed my account there and also ordered much expensive VPS from them. So thumbs up to www.whost.in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom