Need help in choosing a laptop. Budget 60-75K

caspertechno

Right off the assembly line
1) What is your budget?
60-75K
2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
depends, because I'm also thinking about Macbook Air.
3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

Programming, Designing and Editing, Illustrator, Photoshop, Cinema 4D, Dreamweaver, Lightroom and other Adobe applications and probably Corel Draw,A little bit of Gaming(Negligible)
5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
All I know is that a ULV core processor won't be able to handle the tasks I've mentioned above. So a 1tb or an SSD will do, i5 or i7 processor, DDR5 graphics.
6) Anything else you would like to say?
Yes, lots. Considering today's market, I'm considering Lenovo, Apple and Dell. I need somewhat good looks, powerful enough to handle the tasks above and I'm thinking of using this for a long time from now, so it shouldn't get outdated so quickly.
My choices are Dell: Inspiron 15 7537, i5 ULV : (ULV processor, but would this be able to cut it? It has a DDR5 graphics which in Flipkart is shown as DDR3 Link)

Lenovo : Y510, i7 version. I know it's a beast of a product, but the looks and Flipkart description is confusing me. Is the product shown there an SLI one or not? Link

Apple Macbook Air : Neglecting the gaming criteria (Coz I've two pcs for that). Link

So, help out guys. If there's any other laptop worth considering, please mention that too. Thanks.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
1) What is your budget?
60-75K
2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
depends, because I'm also thinking about Macbook Air.
3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

Programming, Designing and Editing, Illustrator, Photoshop, Cinema 4D, Dreamweaver, Lightroom and other Adobe applications and probably Corel Draw,A little bit of Gaming(Negligible)
5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
All I know is that a ULV core processor won't be able to handle the tasks I've mentioned above. So a 1tb or an SSD will do, i5 or i7 processor, DDR5 graphics.
6) Anything else you would like to say?
Yes, lots. Considering today's market, I'm considering Lenovo, Apple and Dell. I need somewhat good looks, powerful enough to handle the tasks above and I'm thinking of using this for a long time from now, so it shouldn't get outdated so quickly.
My choices are Dell: Inspiron 15 7537, i5 ULV : (ULV processor, but would this be able to cut it? It has a DDR5 graphics which in Flipkart is shown as DDR3 Link)

Lenovo : Y510, i7 version. I know it's a beast of a product, but the looks and Flipkart description is confusing me. Is the product shown there an SLI one or not? Link

Apple Macbook Air : Neglecting the gaming criteria (Coz I've two pcs for that). Link

So, help out guys. If there's any other laptop worth considering, please mention that too. Thanks.

Y510p is not the SLI version and it is safe to assume that SLI card or the SLI laptop will never be released in India. Lenovo is already busy with Y510p's successor - the Y50. The pics shown are of the SLI version but the actual laptop is not. You can check if a Y510p is SLI or not by looking at its specifications:- if it has a DVD drive then it is not the SLI version. Otherwise this is probably the best laptop in terms of hardware in this price range. You can also add a SSD later as it has a slot for SSD open. Mind you this laptop is pretty heavy(not as heavy as 17 inchers).

The macbook is also a good choice if you can live with a 13" screen. Personally I hate apple products but this is just an opinion.

If you wanna opt for Dell then go for this one

Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph/Touch) Rs.66990 Price in India - Buy Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph/Touch) Moon Sliver Online - Dell: Flipkart.com

This has a core i7U which is better than core i5U but still inferior to core i7 Quad (Y510p). This one has touch too.
The graphic card in this one is at par with Gt755m in Y510p. Also this one has a low resolution on 1366x768( HD) as opposed to Full HD of y510p. This one is comparatively lighter and slimmer than the Y510p too.

$hadow

Geek in making
I would say go with Macbook. It can handle your task. Integrated graphics can work well and it is going to weight less not to mention. Y510p is good but heavy and less battery life compared to MB and since you have previously and gaming is not your exact requirement I would suggest you to get MB. Choice stands with you.

OP
C

caspertechno

I would say go with Macbook. It can handle your task. Integrated graphics can work well and it is going to weight less not to mention. Y510p is good but heavy and less battery life compared to MB and since you have previously and gaming is not your exact requirement I would suggest you to get MB. Choice stands with you.

I would love to go with Macbook, but the problem is that Illustrator needs 8GB RAM and it's not expandable in Air. So that's a problem. Any other suggestions?

OP
C

caspertechno

I would like to go with something which has good looks as well. How about the Y510, i5 version? Is the dell comparable to the Y510 i5? How bad will the ULV perform as compared to the m versions?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I would like to go with something which has good looks as well. How about the Y510, i5 version? Is the dell comparable to the Y510 i5? How bad will the ULV perform as compared to the m versions?

Dell one will perform exactly same as the Y510p with core i5. core i7u = core i5m.
BTW Y510p looks pretty swell especially the backlit keyboard and aluminium finish.

$hadow

Geek in making
If this is the case than you should first check out both the laptops and the one which you feel good and is better which according to me is y510p you can buy it. If not MB than y510p should be your option.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Just get a Core I7 Lenovo Y510P and be done with it, its more powerful than the Dell laptop(in terms of the processor, same in graphics).Only reason you should choose Dell over Lenovo is portability and battery life.

nandu26

In the zone
Just get a Core I7 Lenovo Y510P and be done with it, its more powerful than the Dell laptop(in terms of the processor, same in graphics).Only reason you should choose Dell over Lenovo is portability and battery life.

What about the heat generated in Y510Pfor normal office work?

OP
C

caspertechno

Y510P it is then. Any suggestions to get this without spending too much, Flipkart's offering it for 74k, Snapdeal 71K. i haven't checked in with any shops yet. I'm from Delhi by the way..

Top Bottom