Need Help in a Debate (Brainstorming)

• Thread starter Deleted member 345628
  • Start date
OP
D

Deleted member 345628

It went nice . but the debate judge was pretty dumb , she is an university professor . When there was a rebuttal round instead of raising a counter argument point , she was like , "explain to me how is it relevant to today's world" .

It was a 170 participants debate , so we were distributed into 10 break out room where each room had a judge before filtering out to semi finals . But my bad , however good I was , a girl's topic whose statements were easily understood by the judge ended up getting filtered to next round .

@Desmond You know any online sites to do debates sir?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
It went nice . but the debate judge was pretty dumb , she is an university professor . When there was a rebuttal round instead of raising a counter argument point , she was like , "explain to me how is it relevant to today's world" .

It was a 170 participants debate , so we were distributed into 10 break out room where each room had a judge before filtering out to semi finals . But my bad , however good I was , a girl's topic whose statements were easily understood by the judge ended up getting filtered to next round .

@Desmond You know any online sites to do debates sir?
I'll tell you what, never ever raise points that may be perceived as "extreme" even if its true, in college level/school level debates.

The moderator determines the flow in these types of debates, and essentially any point that he/she may be ignorant about/dislikes etc. are gonna net you negatives. (IMO). There are absolutely amazing moderators but they are a rarity.

I'll tell you from experience the "Group Discussions" conducted by colleges to prepare for placements (atleast in IT sector) are absolute horseshit and has zero real world benefit.

Top Bottom