Need help for Building 4 Low Cost Office PCs

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: The computers will be used by the employees of a C.A. office (father's). The primary programs to be used are Genius for income tax and another new software (not yet finalized) for GST work apart from M/S office, Quickheal Total Security and Google Chrome. (Overall very light weight usage requirements.)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: No fixed budget but Rs.30K per PC is the max I want to allocate.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7. (The Genius software doesn't support newer windows os)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Only enough to get the Windows 7 installed + 10 more gb for extra softwares.
Even 60 GB is more than enouugh. (Storage is mainly used in the main server pc connected via LAN)

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes a new monitor is required. No fixed requirements for size or resolution but it should be a budget monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Graphics Cards are not required.
Also, I don't want to buy the CD readers.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: As soon as possible.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:I live in Surat, Gujarat. I will check prices online and offline. Will buy from where prices are cheaper.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: SSD will be more preferred as speed is more important than space.

iSLaND

Broken In
Intel Pentium G4560 3.5 Ghz - 4700
Asus / Gigabyte H110m Motherboard - 4500
HyperEx Fury / Corsair vengeance 4GB DDR4 2133/2400 RAM - 2500
Kingston / Sandisc 120gb SSD - 4000
Local PSU + Cabinet (intex, zebronics) - 1300
Dell /LG 18.5 monitor - 5500
Prices are approximate

Pls note currently G4560 processor is out of stock everywhere in surat (and elsewhere too).

I want to buy a similar system. I am nearby 100kms from surat. Pls reply if you find processor or better prices.

OP
A

Adityag

Yo!
Intel Pentium G4560 3.5 Ghz - 4700
Asus / Gigabyte H110m Motherboard - 4500
HyperEx Fury / Corsair vengeance 4GB DDR4 2133/2400 RAM - 2500
Kingston / Sandisc 120gb SSD - 4000
Local PSU + Cabinet (intex, zebronics) - 1300
Dell /LG 18.5 monitor - 5500
Prices are approximate

Pls note currently G4560 processor is out of stock everywhere in surat (and elsewhere too).

I want to buy a similar system. I am nearby 100kms from surat. Pls reply if you find processor or better prices.

Hi! I have ordered from a local shop in Surat for 1 PC, if he delivers good then I will order the remaining 3 from him too. This is my config:
G4560 Processor- Rs.4350
Gigabyte H110m s2 Motherboard- Rs.4200
Liteon 120 GB SSD- Rs.3550
Corsair value select 4GB DDR4 Ram- Rs.2375
Corsair VS450 PSU- Rs.2550
Cabinet Generic Black- Rs.750
Logitech MK200 wired keyboard mouse- Rs.850
Samsung S19F350HNW Monitor- Rs.5050 (Its cheaper on Paytm with 20% cashback)
All the things except the processor have arrived at his place and he has promised to deliver the processor in 4-5 days max.
He has a few things expensive but I have ordered all components from him only.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^
Ask the seller to update the motherboard BIOS.
Sufficient config for the requirements. Just don't poison your systems with pirated windows, quick heal or net protector crap.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

OP
A

Adityag

Yo!
UPDATE:
Guys I am not able to source the g4560 processor.
Should I change my configuration or wait a little?
I need the PCs before July starts.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
UPDATE:
Guys I am not able to source the g4560 processor.
Should I change my configuration or wait a little?
I need the PCs before July starts.
Other kabylake i3 processors are priced substantially higher for no real performance improvement.
G4560 is OOS on most e-shops. Try to search in local markets or here:
Amazon.in: Buying Choices: Intel G4560 Pentium Processor LGA1151 (3.5 GHZ,3MB Cache)

OP
A

Adityag

Yo!
Other kabylake i3 processors are priced substantially higher for no real performance improvement.
G4560 is OOS on most e-shops. Try to search in local markets or here:
Amazon.in: Buying Choices: Intel G4560 Pentium Processor LGA1151 (3.5 GHZ,3MB Cache)
Thanks for the fast reply!
As it is expensive at 5500 rs on amazon, I am planning to go with the sixth gen G4400 at 4150 Rs.
So, should I buy the 4400?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Thanks for the fast reply!
As it is expensive at 5500 rs on amazon, I am planning to go with the sixth gen G4400 at 4150 Rs.
So, should I buy the 4400?
Compared to G4560, G4400 lacks hyper-threading. You'll be paying almost the same amount for half the number of threads.
I'd say wait for a week or pre-order it locally for delivery before end of month.

OP
A

Adityag

Yo!
Compared to G4560, G4400 lacks hyper-threading. You'll be paying almost the same amount for half the number of threads.
I'd say wait for a week or pre-order it locally for delivery before end of month.
Okay!
I will wait for the 3 PC builds.
I am ordering the G4400 for one PC due to the need of a computer.

quicky008

Technomancer
Does anyone know whats causing the current shortage of g4560 cpus almost everywhere?Is the processor in such short supply that stocks are running out really fast?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Does anyone know whats causing the current shortage of g4560 cpus almost everywhere?Is the processor in such short supply that stocks are running out really fast?
G4560 is cannibalizing i3's market share. Most home PC users and low end gamers are opting for the former.

Top Bottom