Need help buying budget laptop

ravitaneja

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Under 25k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Web development, coding, Old games like San Andreas, might be the new games like Fifa 16,17 and Pes2017 but that's not needed. I know gaming is impossible in this price just adding it anyway.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
AMD A9 APU + 1tb HDD + 4 GB Ram + 2gb Graphics Card.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
No.

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Normal HD.

Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs))
purchase place : online

7.My picks

I picked this laptop in Amazon Sale looking good needed your help

HP Notebook - 15 - BY004AX 2017 15.6-inch Laptop (A9/4GB/1TB/DOS/2GB Graphics), Smoke Grey *www.amazon.in/dp/B0752S34HL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_b0q1zbTD9FHBK

Also found a Acer laptop with a4 at 19000

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
HP one looks good & their build quality is usually better than Acer in India.Do buy extended warranty with ADP(accidental damage protection,covers physical damage like screen/hinge damage not covered in usual warranty even if extended) though.

OP
R

ravitaneja

Broken In
The same one price 26,990 on Flipkart and includes window 10. I don't need window as I will be using Linux

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have you confirmed the availability of all the drivers for linux on HP product support page for this model?Flipkart is giving 20% cashback on phonepe payment & 10% off on axis cards.Also have you checked offline HP stores yet,they may give even better deals(like some extended warranty+ADP combo offer).

OP
R

ravitaneja

Broken In
No store near my location + I don't have time to go as I have to much pending work. Here is the one I found on Flipkart it has same processor,ram,hdd plus this one is 4000 cheap Lenovo APU Dual Core A9 7th Gen - (4 GB/1 TB HDD/DOS) IP 320E Laptop
Lenovo APU Dual Core A9 7th Gen - (4 GB/1 TB HDD/DOS) IP 320E Laptop Rs.23990 Price in India - Buy Lenovo APU Dual Core A9 7th Gen - (4 GB/1 TB HDD/DOS) IP 320E Laptop Black Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Won't recommend an AMD laptop unless ryzen APUs are available. Stick with 6th/7th gen core i3s and if possible, forget about dedicated GPUs in this budget since those low end ones perform almost same as Intel's integrated GPU.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
HP A9 laptop comes with gigabit(aka 1000mbps) lan but N wifi,has 2 usb 3.0 ports & a WLED backlit screen.Lenovo A9 comes with 100mbps lan(I personally hate it because it is as ancient as pentium 4 processor & ddr ram) but AC wifi,has 1 usb 3.0 port & 1 usb 2.0 port & comes with a HD led backlit antiglare screen(it is my guess that HP screen will be a bit better but I may be wrong too).

OP
R

ravitaneja

Broken In
I'm sorry guys posting late but here is the Acer laptop it is now available for 18 Acer Aspire 15.6-inch Laptop (7th Gen A4-7210/4GB/1TB/Linux/Integrated Graphics), Midnight Black *www.amazon.in/dp/B06X3VRNZV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_.ms2zb9S85Z51

OP
R

ravitaneja

Broken In
And thank you I know that Intel is better than AMD but I can't afford it right now as my original plan was to built desktop I already bought 1tb hdd but now I couldn't able to buy Intel g4560, it's not online as least not at reasonable price, nither it's available offline so the plan is currently dropped

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
And thank you I know that Intel is better than AMD but I can't afford it right now as my original plan was to built desktop I already bought 1tb hdd but now I couldn't able to buy Intel g4560, it's not online as least not at reasonable price, nither it's available offline so the plan is currently dropped

well if you don't need portability( since you were ready to build a desktop before ) then you are making a mistake..

Laptop should only be considered if portability is the mosttt important thing, if not then build desktop even under strict budget

G4560 is available online but for Rs 6200-6300 ( ebay with 10 % coupon ) .. but because of strict budget why not consider G4400 then ? available for Rs 3800-3900 easily ...

while not as great as g4560 , G4400 is farrrr better than both of these processors that you are willing to buy .. it is 125 % faster than that Acer A4 that you are buying in single threaded performance ( most important ) and 40 % faster in multi threading than A4 .. and even with A9 it is 35 % faster in both single and multithread performance.. and most likely faster in IGPU as well ( haven't checked )

check this link for rough comparison

PassMark - CPU Performance Comparison

if you don't need HDMI port and are fine with VGA port then..

Pentium G4400- 3900
Asus H110 CS Mobo - 4000 or alternatively gigabyte DS2 ( NOT S2)
Monitor - 5500 (LG 20mp48ab - nice IPS - 1440x900 - 19.5 inch ) 768 vertical resolution is bad/very limiting for programming and coding..
PSU - Corsair Vs450 - 2600
Corsair 4gb Ram 2133 - 2800
local cabinet -500
kb/mouse - 800
you already bought hard disk..

Total - Rs 20,000 ( and may save another 1200- 1300 if you already have your old kb/m and cabinet , total - Rs 18,700 )

you are getting farr better performance , nice screen , better durability (acer quality ?) in almost similar price

Plus you get 3 year warranty on most parts , with laptop you have to pay extra for that.. and will be able to add a better GPU later when you have money

you don't even need bios update with G4400 saving unnecessary hassle of finding right board with good quality ..

screen alternatively at same price you can consider dell/Lg "TN" panel 1600x900 19.5 if you need better resolution/PPI over better viewing angles , better colours

Last edited:
Top Bottom