Need help buying a new Wireless Modem Router.

bittutora

Broken In
Guys, I want a new Wifi modem plus router, but I can't seem to put my hand on anyone of these two.:wah:
So I have shortlisted these two WiFi Modem cum Routers:

Asus DSL-N10E Wireless-N150 ADSL Modem Router - Asus: Flipkart.com

D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N ADSL2 4-Port Wi-Fi Router - D-Link: Flipkart.com

Please take a look and tell me what should I go for. And if anyone has one of these it would be much better, please post your say about them .
Both of them have a price diff. of 150/- or so. So that's not an issue.
I just want one with more features to offer and has good life.

Thanks, guys.:doublethumb:

OP
bittutora

bittutora

Broken In
Is it better than the Dlink one D-Link DSL-2750U, I mean feature wise.:confused:

And I've had previous interactions with TP-Link , and I hate to tell you this , since you've already ordered your device, but their service is Crap.

Thanks, btw, buddy.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
feature wise there is no competition to tp-link w8968 with its 3g usb modem support,usb drive sharing support & EWAN port for easy configuration with cable broadband.as for their service being crap if you mean sending faulty product to mumbai using courier if you don't live near a tp-link distributor then yes but then in my experience chances of tp-link modem/router malfunctioning is low.

OP
bittutora

bittutora

Broken In
Man, I was really skeptical about this but I read these reviews and you guys' posts. :reading:

And so I decided to buy this W8968 one. Although I live in central India and for me the only TP-Link service center is in Mumbai, but still I think I would give TP-Link one more chance.
And See how it goes.:Fingerx:

Anyways,
Many Thanks to flyingcow, and whitestar_999.:doublethumb:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Man, I was really skeptical about this but I read these reviews and you guys' posts. :reading:

And so I decided to buy this W8968 one. Although I live in central India and for me the only TP-Link service center is in Mumbai, but still I think I would give TP-Link one more chance.
And See how it goes.:Fingerx:

Anyways,
Many Thanks to flyingcow, and whitestar_999.:doublethumb:

email support.in@tp-link.com for any support numbers/service centers in your state. I just sent them a mail today and they replied with an address in Kochi(Kerala) which is their service center cum sales office in Kerala.

flyingcow

Shibe
recieved my w8968 today, im very happywith it, the setup wizard was very quick i was up and running within 2 mins....
the wifi range has increased dramatically, i can now get wifi range through whole house, the results may vary...
the interface is ver clear too, and it looks sleek, and has replacable antaennas, so you can put ones with higher dbi
i have it downloading since ~12 pm - 11:pm and it still hasnt got hot, it is a bit warm (ofc).
and is times infinity better than the crappy BSnl modem

OP
bittutora

bittutora

Broken In
recieved my w8968 today, im very happywith it, the setup wizard was very quick i was up and running within 2 mins....
the wifi range has increased dramatically, i can now get wifi range through whole house, the results may vary...
the interface is ver clear too, and it looks sleek, and has replacable antaennas, so you can put ones with higher dbi
i have it downloading since ~12 pm - 11:pm and it still hasnt got hot, it is a bit warm (ofc).
and is times infinity better than the crappy BSnl modem

Hey, Congrats, man. :thumbs:
And also does it work properly without disconnections if you just use its Wifi with your PC turned off, I mean just turn on your Modem and keep PC off ?

Waiting for mine, it'll be here by 22nd. And since you're so happy with it, I think I'll also be contented with it.

Btw, Nice pick.:razz::number1:
Happy Surfing.:flamewar:

flyingcow

Shibe
Hey, Congrats, man. :thumbs:
And also does it work properly without disconnections if you just use its Wifi with your PC turned off, I mean just turn on your Modem and keep PC off ?

Waiting for mine, it'll be here by 22nd. And since you're so happy with it, I think I'll also be contented with it.

Btw, Nice pick.:razz::number1:
Happy Surfing.:flamewar:
yeah i have it on since yesterday, donwloading, all night, no drops yet :)
i havent used the wifi much but i dont hink itll drop... :)

OP
bittutora

bittutora

Broken In
email support.in@tp-link.com for any support numbers/service centers in your state. I just sent them a mail today and they replied with an address in Kochi(Kerala) which is their service center cum sales office in Kerala.

Hey, Thanks rijin.

I didn't know that. Earlier I talked to their cust. care on the phone and they gave me a no. of some dude, whose accent was totally understandable :yeahright: , and he said something like -

He - Me the software guy.
Me - My device isn't working what do I do?
He - Send them on Mumbai, i should really send you a new one.
Me - First I was like :rofl:. Then :beady:
Me - Okaaay. Thank You. Bye. :wave:

After that I never tried to talk to them.

Anyways, I'll contact them on this email and see if they refer me to some nearer service center or shop or something.

Hopefully I still have some warranty left with my Wireless device.:Fingerx:

Top Bottom