Need help buying a gpu at around 20-25k

the_potato

Right off the assembly line
Hi people, I need help putting together a gpu within a 20-22k budget. I had taken into consideration the Asus GTX 960 but was sorta turned off by the low bus width of 128 bit. I was looking forward to playing high end games like Witcher 3 without lag at relatively high settings.

Also I'd want to know about the gtx 270, r9 380 and the r9 390 (not the 390x). I'd want to know if prices are likely to drop. Id want to wait upto 2-3 months if they do.

GTX 270? 0_o? its a typo I guess. R9 3xx series aren't really upto the mark. The only VFM product now is the GTX 970. Costs 23k for the Gainward one, but let others comment.

rajesh00

Journeyman
Hi people, I need help putting together a gpu within a 20-22k budget. I had taken into consideration the Asus GTX 960 but was sorta turned off by the low bus width of 128 bit. I was looking forward to playing high end games like Witcher 3 without lag at relatively high settings.

Also I'd want to know about the gtx 270, r9 380 and the r9 390 (not the 390x). I'd want to know if prices are likely to drop. Id want to wait upto 2-3 months if they do.

R9 380 is not VFM.It will perform similar/slightly better to GTX 960,but not worth the money it has. Increase budget and go for GTX 970,even reference card will do good.

GTX 970 is better than r9 390. If you play at 1080p then pick 970.2k or 4k resolution go for r9 390/x.Make sure you have good quality PSU and Cabinet.

With 970 you get 2 games free.Witcher 3 and batman,that saves 2.5-3k :D

And yes, mdcomputers is in nvidia distributors list.So you will get codes from them.

Authorised GeForce Distributors | NVIDIA

OP
T

the_potato

Right off the assembly line
R9 380 is not VFM.It will perform similar/slightly better to GTX 960,but not worth the money it has. Increase budget and go for GTX 970,even reference card will do good.

GTX 970 is better than r9 390. If you play at 1080p then pick 970.2k or 4k resolution go for r9 390/x.Make sure you have good quality PSU and Cabinet.

With 970 you get 2 games free.Witcher 3 and batman,that saves 2.5-3k :D

And yes, mdcomputers is in nvidia distributors list.So you will get codes from them.

Authorised GeForce Distributors | NVIDIA

Any idea about the price of a 970 reference card? Shall I get it at MD?

rajesh00

Journeyman
Any idea about the price of a 970 reference card? Shall I get it at MD?

zotac is cheaper than others.If there is any chat/email support of mdcomputers then ask them about free games that comes with 970.

Also Mention your full System config.

Forgot to Mention.Don't turned down by GTX 960 128bit bandwidth.According Nvidia, Maxwell architecture is capable of handling higher data with lower bandwidth. But in the end we only care about FPS :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom