Need Help Building a gaming Pc for 75k (1st time builder)

rahul7

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Playing latest and upcoming games Shadows of Mordor, Assassins Creed Unity, Dragon Age, Witcher 3, Far Cry 4, Gta 5 etc

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 75000, can go upto 80 max

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500 Gb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, 1920 X 1080

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I want to buy everything including UPS if necessary

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: after 2 weeks

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No, but will be building myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Delhi, will buy from Nehru Place or online (Pls recommend good shop to buy from C2C, SMC or Computer Empire?)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: -Would like to go with GTX 970 and Intel
-If UPS is not really necessary save money there and use it on other parts
-1st time builder so pls suggest a big and easy to install case
-if budget permits an ATX motherboard so i can SLI after 3 yrs

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i5 4570- 13k
Msi z97 PC mate -8k
Kingston hyper x fury 2 x 4gb- 5.5k/gskill ripjawsx/corsair vengeance
Zotac gtx 970- 27k
Wd blue 1tb - 3.5k
Asus 24b5st odd-1k
Seasonic s12ii 620- 5.5k
Corsair carbide 300r-4.8k
Aoc i2269vwm-9k/2369vm-11k/dell s2240l-8.3k
Logitech g400s-2k
Logiteck g105-2.8k
You can go for generic k/b and mouse to get qpc 1100va UPS if there are frequent power cuts. Get a good k/b and mouse later.

OP
R

rahul7

Broken In
i5 4570- 13k
Msi z97 PC mate -8k
Zotac gtx 970- 27k
Wd blue 1tb - 3.5k
Asus 24b5st odd-1k
Seasonic s12ii 620- 5.5k
Logitech g400s-2k
Logiteck g105-2.8k
You can go for generic k/b and mouse to get qpc 1100va UPS if there are frequent power cuts. Get a good k/b and mouse later.

thanks for the reply

a few questions

-should i get i5 4440/4430 instead of 4570 to save money and get asus gtx 970 or zotac AMP?

-i checked the motherboard spec says it has crossfire support no sli and no dx 12

-power cuts happen around once/twice a month so should i get a UPS?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
There is no problem in getting i5 4440 or 4430. You can safely go with it.
You need a compatible z87/z97 motherboard to have sli feature and those motherboard costs higher too. Check Asus z97 A but costs 13k .
Dx12 is not dependent on motherboard or CPU but depends on gpu(&OS).
A UPS is always recommended for the safety of PC components. Get apc 1100va one.

gemangel

Broken In
Intel i5 4670 (4th Generation) - 15k
MSI Z97 Gaming 3 Motherboard -11.5k
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (2 x 4 GB) 8GB - 6.5k
GTX 970 -27k
WD Caviar Blue 500 GB - 3k
Asus DRW-24D3ST DVD Burner - 1k
Corsair VS650 650 Watt PSU -4k
Dell S2240L 21.5 inch LED Backlit - 8.5k
Cooler Master K281 Mid Tower Cabinet -3.5k
Cooler Master Devastator Gaming Gear Combo USB Keyboard -3k

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
i5 4570- 13k
Msi z97 PC mate -8k
Zotac gtx 970- 27k
Wd blue 1tb - 3.5k
Asus 24b5st odd-1k
Seasonic s12ii 620- 5.5k
Logitech g400s-2k
Logiteck g105-2.8k

You've been out of this field for a long time. Just so you know, S12II will do fine with 970. ;)

Anyways good to have you back :D

OP
R

rahul7

Broken In
hi all, thanks for ur inputs
i was reading comments about S12II on flipkart where someone had posted its not Haswell compatible (i dont know what it means) and suggested M12II which got me confused.

Also some GTX 970 has an 8 pin connector would S12II have that or should i go for Corsair VS650 650 Watt PSU as it is also cheaper.

and since SLI motherboard is expensive and would be out of my budget should i go for mATX form if it is cheaper and covers all the requirements (only concern is heard that small MB's heat up and difficult to install in case)?

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
i was reading comments about S12II on flipkart where someone had posted its not Haswell compatible (i dont know what it means) and suggested M12II which got me confused.

Also some GTX 970 has an 8 pin connector would S12II have that or should i go for Corsair VS650 650 Watt PSU as it is also cheaper.

and since SLI motherboard is expensive and would be out of my budget should i go for mATX form if it is cheaper and covers all the requirements (only concern is heard that small MB's heat up and difficult to install in case)?

PSU not being with a CPU architecture? :lol: there's nothing like that.
Yes S12II will have that 8 pin connector.
Stay away from VS Series, it comes in blacklisted PSUs.

Wait for someone else to reply.

OP
R

rahul7

Broken In
PSU not being with a CPU architecture? :lol: there's nothing like that.
Yes S12II will have that 8 pin connector.
Stay away from VS Series, it comes in blacklisted PSUs.

Wait for someone else to reply.

something about it not compatible with C7 googled and found this link
The big Haswell PSU compatibility list - The Tech Report - Page 1

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

Yes.the psu itself is not compatible with haswell's new sleep states. But you don't need to worry as those sleep states are automatically disabled on all motherboards by default. For full compatibility, you need a psu with dc-dc architecture which comes with high end models only. There are many people who have haswell rigs with lower end psu and what else, many uses it with low quality low end unbranded psu too.
Seasonic s12ii 620 is miles better in terms of quality compared to corsair vs series.
Since your budget allows you to get a good atx mobo, get it. There is nothing like it is difficult to install matx mobo and I suggested a good cabinet for good cable management.

OP
R

rahul7

Broken In
Yes.the psu itself is not compatible with haswell's new sleep states. But you don't need to worry as those sleep states are automatically disabled on all motherboards by default. For full compatibility, you need a psu with dc-dc architecture which comes with high end models only. There are many people who have haswell rigs with lower end psu and what else, many uses it with low quality low end unbranded psu too.
Seasonic s12ii 620 is miles better in terms of quality compared to corsair vs series.
Since your budget allows you to get a good atx mobo, get it. There is nothing like it is difficult to install matx mobo and I suggested a good cabinet for good cable management.

thnx for the reply wont buy the Corsair VS.

howz this MoBo ASRock > Z97 Extreme3

it is listed at nehru place delhi, cost to cost shop for Rs 9500. this was the only sub 10000 i could find that has SLI, others are too expensive.
BTW looking up for motherboards has got me even more confused since i won't overclock CPU, and SLI(for future) is not in my budget now, is there any use for H97/Z97 board?

how are the Corsair 400R and Cooler Master HAF 912 cabinets. the case you suggested was spacious but didn't like the looks too much but will buy if there aren't others to match it.

Another question - is there much difference between the bench marks for Zotac GTX 970 regular vs AMP Omega or ASUS one for spending 2k-3k more? The AMP omega requires two 8 pin pci E connector but the Seasonic PSU has a 6 pin and a 8 pin so how will it connect?

AMITNOIDA

Broken In
how are the Corsair 400R and Cooler Master HAF 912 cabinets. the case you suggested was spacious but didn't like the looks too much but will buy if there aren't others to match it.

You may consider Corsair Carbide 500R case. It can accommodate video card of of 12.4" length and can accommodate CPU cooler height of 6.5". It looks good too with 2 front fans, 1 rear fan and 1 top fan with both fan speed and LED on/off control. Price in the range of Rs 8600. I am seriously considering this case for my new PC. There may be other brands cases also, which looks more contemporary and jazzy from NZXT etc.

OP
R

rahul7

Broken In
went to nehru place today sadly the ASUS STRIX isnt available anywhere even online....i could find AMP Omega for 32500 at PL computers!!! thats really high the ordinary zotac was for 27000-28500.

SMC international was taking 1 week advance for the MSI version @ 29500....does anyone know how good n reliable this shop is to give money in advance.....MSI one is better than ASUS Strix in all the review sites i read up and AMP Omega is too expensive both online and at N.P.

OP
R

rahul7

Broken In
hi sorry for bumping an old thread

pls tell me how are RMA's for MSI, ASUS n ZOTAC in India for GPU's as i will be buying 970 this or next week depending on the availability. stock performance wise they are similar (i wont OC) MSI a little better, but heard they have horrible after sales...dont know about ASUS and ZOTAC...which should i go for from the perspective of aftersales?

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
hi sorry for bumping an old thread

pls tell me how are RMA's for MSI, ASUS n ZOTAC in India for GPU's as i will be buying 970 this or next week depending on the availability. stock performance wise they are similar (i wont OC) MSI a little better, but heard they have horrible after sales...dont know about ASUS and ZOTAC...which should i go for from the perspective of aftersales?

MSI has good enough ASS, Zotac has 5 year warranty so if i were you, i'd have gone with zotac.

Top Bottom