Need Gaming Monitor for UNDER 15k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kush6

Broken In
Dude, tell me if you can even buy it in this era!!! Right now its just $800, so if you can buy that, I dunno why you'd buy a TN panel in the first place.

Hi,

I have booked the Dell SP2208WFP from Harish at Dell Bangalore and am getting it for 16100/- all inclusive in Bangalore. The set is assembled in Chennai as the Dell Manager told, not imported from Malayasia anymore. It will come in a week to my home.

2ms G-to-G response helps in gaming to reduce ghosting. Dell 22" Ultrasharp is NOT AVAILABLE. I have used both Ultrasharp and normal 19" monitors. There is surely a difference while reading. But ultrasharps are usually with 5ms response. Am not very sure how it will be while gaming. SP2208WFP has 2ms G-to-G response, which seems to be good for gaming and any motion video. Webcam and mic are extras.

Only SP2208WFP has HDMI as well as DVI connectors for those who plan to plug in a Blue Ray reader/writer and junk DVD writer next year. Analog connection may display HD media but not at its best.

HD media needs atleast 1920 x 1200 resolution (1080p) to view without down-scaling. Which means 24" monitor is minimum size needed. 24" costs 20k and above. So the nearest one is the 22". Any non-TN panel will cost a bomb. So if you don't want to spend a hefty sum, settle for a good TN panel. I would highly recommend Dell SP2208WFP.

Consider this... Best part of Dell is the warranty on dead pixels. More than 6 dead pixels in 3 years warranty period, and they would replace the monitor. In addition there's a full money back warranty for 30 days from the date of arrival of the monitor at your home. If anyone is unhappy with the set, he can send it back and get full refund. Dell service is way better than any other brand.

So 16k is a fair deal (in the current scenario) and peace of mind for coming years.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
I was thinking of geting an 9600GT later this year (or maybe next) when prices drop -- do u think that card can display latest games at high res? (BTW currently games @ 1024 x 768 look good and smooth -- and my card starts 2 become sluggish at higher resolutions -- so for time being 1024 x 768 and I am not complaining ;) )

EDIT : BTW forgot tomention WEBCAM and MIC on this monitor are SUPERB!!!! Really a EXCELLENT HASSLE FREE CHAT SOLUTION !! and USB Ports come in handy too!! :p:p

hi . i was also considering the dell sp2208wfp . . it has a glossy finish. i wanted to know if u face any glare problems ?
thanks

OP
G

Games Goblin

Journeyman
hi . i was also considering the dell sp2208wfp . . it has a glossy finish. i wanted to know if u face any glare problems ?
thanks

Hi sagargv,

Yes the monitor does have a glossy finish and this is the Achilles heel of the monitor! :confused:

But not to worry! It wont be a problem if you do not have windows Directly Behind Your PC -- I have this problem, so I just close the window with curtains! Problem Solved!

Another problem will occur if you have a lighting source (tubelight, CFL etc) directly behind your PC -- Thankfully I don't have this problem

All in all this monitor is an excellent buy -- considering you get 22 inches of prime real estate, a 2 Mega Pixel Webcam + MIC, 4 USB Port Hub, DVI + VGA + HDMI connectivity options for just Rs.15,000!! :p :p

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
thanks dude. .
ok. i got a few photos of my room.

*img384.imageshack.us/img384/7055/1000298fu5.th.jpg
-> i usually keep the windows in the right open( they're now covered by a orange screen ).

*img372.imageshack.us/img372/778/1000299oy7.th.jpg

*img60.imageshack.us/img60/898/1000300qn6.th.jpg

*img372.imageshack.us/img372/1517/52584324oz6.th.jpg

sorry for the low quality of pics. . used a 2 mp camera. .
Sorry for asking the same question twice. now that u have seen these pics of my room , can i be certain that there will be no glare issues ? i beg forgiveness for asking this again and again ..

Still waiting for the price of samsung 2232bw.

OP
G

Games Goblin

Journeyman
I dont think glare will be an issue since you have tubelight & window on either side of your PC -- go ahead and buy the DELL :)

BTW even if there is a little glare, you wont notice it because of the brightness of the screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom