Need Gaming Monitor for UNDER 15k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Games Goblin

Journeyman
Hi Guys! I need a LCD TFT Monitor under 15k

The monitor is mostly going to be used for gaming ! (look at my name :D )

I researched and found out that SAMSUNG 206BW is good. Can you please tell me which size is better ? 17/19/20/22 !! I am totally confused!!! :mad::eek:

Which Monitor is better LG/SAMSUNG/VIEWSONIC ?

Also I might get a PS3/360 in the near future so I would like the monitor to be HD Ready! Also preferably with HDMI Port! What is HDCP Port?!?

Also after getting the bigger monitor, will my PC struggle to display higher res? Esp. in games??

My current config is:

Intel Core2Duo E6300
XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB
2GB DDR2 533MHZ

Thank You!

kuki_295

Journeyman
Try DellTM E228WFP 22" price - 13200
and DellTM SP2208WFP 22" Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor With Webcam
price - 16500(i guess its bit above your budget)

To get a full HD monitor u'll hav to get a 24" monitor

Last edited:

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz

+1
viewsonic are good too.:)

OP
G

Games Goblin

Journeyman
Thanks for quick reply!!

Pls give all other good options so that I can make a list and go down to the shops and check them out!!

Are u sure SP2208WFP is 16500! Sure looks like a bargain!

Last edited:

diffuser911

Broken In
For a small town, the most common options in 19" category are Samsung 943NWX and 920(got this one today!!)...LG also has W1942S...better go for Dell models if this is the case for you...go for one with DVI port

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
hey dont go for viewsonic monitors they are worse than a hear broken crt!!! and have worse after sales support so go for a samsung[1 of the best monitor company] or go for
a dell preferably also 1 of the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOPE I HELPED YOU AND ALSO IF YOU WANT HD GO FOR A 24" AND UMM... IF U Want 2 play cs then get a 19" or 21" else go for a 24"

OP
G

Games Goblin

Journeyman
I am highy considering the DELL SP2208WFP -- since it has all the nice goodies like USB Ports, Webcam and MOST IMPORTANTLY the HDMI Port

What about Samsung 206BW?

Will PS3/360 Games look good on the DELL SP2208WFP even though its not full HD?

Also, as i mentioned earlier, will my PC struggle to play games at this resolution? Can I run games at lower resolution and still get a good experience.

Is LG206WTQ a good monitor?

Please suggest all the good monitors from Dell/Samsung/LG!

I am quite interested in DELL SP2208WFP

What I need to know is what will happen if i connect a PS3/360 to his display? Will it accept 720p and upscale it to 1050 AND/OR accept 1080p and then downscale it to 1050p? How will it look like? Thanks!

I read on user reviews that the DELL SP2208WFP monitor has High Gloss screen finish? It says that its really uncomfortable to view in bright room. I have a window behind my monitor -- i'll do my best to describe it:

COMPUTER MONITOR
(FACING ↓↓↓ )

|
|
|
15 FEET
|
|
|

WINDOW
( FACING ↑↑↑↑)

So will this be a problem?!?

Can I order this monitor on DELL Website (India)?

Thank You!!

Quick Edit: What will games with no support for Widescreen look like? can I run them in older 1024x768 format? What will they look like on a screen this BIG?

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc
well it can be if direct sunlight beam comes. its for most of the monitors, and it is generally termed as glare and reflection.

moshel

Padawan
with a monitor like Dell 2208wfp on one side, i say do something about the window!!!

this one is really worth the money....especially cos it has the HDMI port. this one got top marks in digit this month.

Yes you can order the monitor from dell website...
*www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/monitor_sp2208wfp?c=in&cs=indhs1&l=en&s=dhs

wow..this monitor just last week was costing 15,386/-

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
i wudnt suggest u to get anything more than a 19" wide cuz ur gfx card just wont be able to cope up with anything more than 1440x900 in current & upcomming games @ med/high detail.:)

P

paranj

Every1 scream with me "DELL DELL DELL hoohaa DELL DELL DELL hoohaa" :D

well jokes apart Dell is the best!Go for SP2208WFP

OP
G

Games Goblin

Journeyman
Hey I got this monitor!! GREAT MONITOR !! I AM TRULY GOBSMACKED AND BOWLED OVER!! (I realize what a fool I have been to use 15" for over 6 years!!!!) The Clarity is astounding and price is irresistable (Rs.16000 -- incl tax) in Kochi (Palarivattom). I can play graphics demanding games at 1024 x 768 (most optons high) @ 16:9 -- and it looks very good!

amitash

Intel OCer
the native res of tat monitor is 1680x1050...get a better gfx card wen u can tat can handle tat res and ull be blown away i guarantee

OP
G

Games Goblin

Journeyman
I was thinking of geting an 9600GT later this year (or maybe next) when prices drop -- do u think that card can display latest games at high res? (BTW currently games @ 1024 x 768 look good and smooth -- and my card starts 2 become sluggish at higher resolutions -- so for time being 1024 x 768 and I am not complaining ;) )

EDIT : BTW forgot tomention WEBCAM and MIC on this monitor are SUPERB!!!! Really a EXCELLENT HASSLE FREE CHAT SOLUTION !! and USB Ports come in handy too!! :p:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom