Need compatible SSD for ASUS VivoBook X507UA-EJ859T

usr_asus

Right off the assembly line
I have this laptop *www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07SWDHD1V and is 2.5 yrs old and recently HDD is slowing up. I need to upgrade to SSD so called customer care who said M.2 SATA 3 is compatible and they gave a local authorised service centre number who quoted me 800 INR as service charge but in one of the reviews it is mentioned that '1- M2 slot ? --->> It features m.2 slot on the motherboard which will allow you to use an NVMe based SSD (max 256GB) to speed up the system' so confused if Nvme is compatible. Can anyone please confirm the compatible SSD so that i can buy online and should i get it installed with them or go with nearby technicians and how to retain this original Windows OS i am on. I am OK with fresh install but OS should be activated. In Windows settings device name is 'VivoBook 15_ASUS Laptop X507UAR'.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
If customer care says that it supports M2 SSDs then perhaps it does. Just go to your authorized service center and they should be able to attach it.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
It might support ssd with 'M' keys (single notch on right). If the slot is wired for sata 3, nvme drives won't work. There is no real capacity limitation AFAIK.
It is easy to DIY and save Rs 800 but only if you know the exact details.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
I was also facing similar issue with my asus m509da,I contacted cc and he didn't knew difference between sata SSD and nvme SSD.

But what helped was I went the laptop page, and opened the driver column, there they have a tab for user maintenance, click that and you will find a pdf with each and every info from ram, hdd, SSD to how to open the pc.

OP
usr_asus

usr_asus

Saw this video and seems we have to remove motherboard and mostly everything to access the slot so skipping
I have shortlisted these two..Are they compatible @SaiyanGoku ?
*www.amazon.in/Kingston-A400-Internal-SA400M8-240GIN/dp/B07S7P78GR
*www.amazon.in/Western-Digital-240GB-Internal-WDS240G2G0B/dp/B078WYS5K6

OP
usr_asus

usr_asus

I was also facing similar issue with my asus m509da,I contacted cc and he didn't knew difference between sata SSD and nvme SSD.

But what helped was I went the laptop page, and opened the driver column, there they have a tab for user maintenance, click that and you will find a pdf with each and every info from ram, hdd, SSD to how to open the pc.
Cant see for my laptop

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
You might want to see how the port looks.

SATA 3 vs M.2 vs NVMe – Overview and Comparison (Scroll down)

Top Bottom