Need advice upgrading CPU, MoBo, Memory and Storage

Hey everyone.

My budget is 70K.

My usage is 3D modelling and computational design (Rhinoceros 3D and Grasshopper), rendering on Keyshot, competitive FPS shooters (Valorant, CS:GO) and AAA offline titles at 1080p, high quality.

CPU: max I can spend is 30K. Right now torn between Ryzen 5 5600x and 3600x.

MoBo: I don't need fancy features but a flash BIOS function is a must. I do want a really good VRM design since I'd most likely be milking the CPU for years to come, with overclocking. Do I need a B550 or better chipset or will a B450 be sufficient? I understand that B550 has PCIe 4.0 lanes but are they really worth it? I'd be sticking to a single NVMe SSD and a SATA III HDD. As of now I don't see myself getting any expansion cards. Maybe a Wi-Fi 6 card when they are mainstream.

Memory: From what I've researched, (double rank 16GB @ 3600 MHz) x 2 = 32 GB will solve all my purposes. Please advise.

Storage: I have a 4TB WD Green HDD for storage that I'll keep. I need an NVMe drive to boot from.

I have a GTX 1070Ti and an Antec Earthwatts Pro 650W Gold PSU. I hope those will suffice. No peripherals required.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Welcome to forum!

Please fill the questionnaire.

*geek.digit.in/community/threads/asking-for-new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.149943/

OP
O

Ojasvi Srivastava

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: My usage is 3D modelling and computational design (Rhinoceros 3D and Grasshopper), rendering on Keyshot, competitive FPS shooters (Valorant, CS:GO) and AAA offline titles at 1080p, high quality.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: 70,000 INR

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: 500 gig SSD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: No

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: GTX 1070Ti GPU, Antec Earthwatts Pro 650W Gold PSU, other peripherals

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: ASAP

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mumbai, India. Open to both local markets and online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Please try and explain the reasons behind the recommendations you give. I'd like to understand why I'm choosing what I'm choosing.

CPU - AMD R5 5600X/R7 3700X - 28.5k (Fastest gaming CPU or best productivity CPU for the price, decide on your priority)

Mobo - MSI B550 Gaming Plus - 14k (Good VRM temps for the price, decent features)

RAM - 2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz - 14k (CL18 will do, look for which one is cheap at the time of purchase, most 16GB sticks are dual rank, still confirm it)

GPU - Your 1070Ti

M.2 SSD - WD SN550/Kingston A2000 1TB - 10k (8k on sales)

HDD - Yours

PSU - Yours

Cabinet - Lian Li 215 or other mid tower ATX - 6k*

Monitor - Yours

Total - 72.5k

*I assume you have one, but if you are looking to upgrade to something with good airflow. Lian Li 215 is not recommended if you plan to use AIO up front as the 200mm fans go to waste.

Top Bottom