Need advice - looking for a phone within 7k

patkim

Cyborg Agent
After over 6 years finally my w810i has given up. Looking for a smartphone, basic config. Please suggest. Thanks.

1. Budget? - Upto 7K , smartphone
2. Display type and size? – upto 3.5 inch, touch screen
3. Dual sim? – Not necessary
4. Preferred choice of brand? - No specific in mind right now.
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? 1 camera rear (upto 3 or MP) is sufficient
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). - Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). 2G (3G - nice to have)
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? basic communication (calls + SMS), music, occasional need based internet browsing with 2G connection
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? - Not yet.
10. Any other info that you want to share – some other features like GPS, audio video recording, wifi, emergency flash light, FM radio etc if can fit in the budget. A phone that (with its manufacture provided or third parry software) supports backing up contacts, sms and related data etc on a PC preferably in readable format.

ashs1

Padawan
Check out Asus Zenphone4( Rs. 6000 ) or MotoE( Rs 7000) on flipkart.com..Both offer Extremely good performance. :)

Okay, finding a 3.5" phone is difficult (the ones you have in market offer crappy performance).
So get a 4" phone. Asus zenfone 4 is good for you. Moto E has 4.3" display

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
moto e? good backup lol no,i dunno about zenfone 4 but despite having a 2000mah battery like the nexus 5, the moto e has literally half the battery life

sushovan

In the zone
moto e? good backup lol no,i dunno about zenfone 4 but despite having a 2000mah battery like the nexus 5, the moto e has literally half the battery life

Trolling level : A+

Not a single N5 or Moto E user here would agree with you :p

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Trolling level : A+

Not a single N5 or Moto E user here would agree with you :p

Yeah right your the troll here mate not me,you are so mistaken
I happen to own alot of phones etc and nexus 5 and Moto e are some of them,
Your just mad coz u were wrong in two other threads

- - - Updated - - -

for a casual user like my friend, moto e lasts 3 days

Depends purely on usage,its not a bad phone or something but its exactly got half the battery life which I get with my nexus 5
Can differ based on usage

Minion

Conversation Architect

What! I am getting 2 days of battery backup with 8 hrs screen on time.Zenphone 4 is worse can last upto 18hrs max with moderate use.

Minion

Conversation Architect
^well the thing is smartphone are not like normal phone only used for call and messaging.People need to know how to use a smartphone before blaming on phone.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^well the thing is smartphone are not like normal phone only used for call and messaging.People need to know how to use a smartphone before blaming on phone.

thats also true i guess
the others misunderstood my statement
while the nexus 5 has a bad battery life,the moto e gives me half of my nexus 5

OP
patkim

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Thanks friends for your inputs. Asus Zenfone 4 looks good to me in terms of price and specs. Seems it does not have flash light.

Redmi 1s specs are great but not sure when it will be available and it appears like it will be on Flipkart and looking at way Mi3 was sold, one may have to register first and attempt to buy on the day they launch, whenever that may be!

Just wondering if anyone has any experience or any review on Xolo. I also find specs of XOLO Q500S IPS good, with price range of around 6.5k

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I own Nexus 5 and roommate has Moto E, and the latter gives a lot more battery life.

Even for somebody who doesn't own the phones, it doesn't take much to figure out which machine will gulp more power and last more. The one with 4 Krait cores + 1080p screen or the one with the power efficient and much slower two Cortex-A7 cores + 540x960 screen, although Moto E has a smaller mAh battery, I think.

Stop with the hate and start talking sense.

Minion

Conversation Architect
My younger brother is using a Xolo Q700 though phone is good for price but rom is very buggy. Though i currently can't say what is current situation somebody else will clear your doubt.
Plz don't buy Zenphone 4 due to bad battery backup.

Top Bottom