Need advice for this rig. Budget INR 80k

aryan.838

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Mild to Heavy Gaming, Rendering 3D Models

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: INR 80k-85k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows + Linux

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:NO

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Optical drive, Keyboard and mouse, Speakers

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: December or January

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Yes, I will be doing this myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in Vellore, TN. Also, next month I would be in Lucknow(Home), so I can get stuff from Local stores, can also goto Nehru Place, Delhi to get parts. I am open to online stores.(Need best price)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Below is a list of components that I chose. Portability is needed.

CPU : Core i5 4670k
Mobo : Asus Maximus VII Impact
RAM : 2x4GB G.Skill X Series 1600MHz DDR3
Case : Bitfenix Prodigy M(Portability)
HDD : WD Blue 1TB
GPU : Sapphire R9 290
PSU : Seasonic G 550W
Optical drive : NO
Keyboard+Mouse : NO
Monitor : NO

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
Intel i7 4790k-23000
Asus sabertooth z97-15000.
HyperX Fury 2*4GB -6000,
Seasonic S12II 620W-5500.
WD blue 1TB-3800,
Zotac gtx 970-26500.
Corsair 300r-4700.
Total-79800.

OP
A

aryan.838

Broken In
deathblade portability is a main concern here. So I am looking for mATX or mini itx boards.
Please read the build that I suggested in my first post.

Also, can anyone tell that by when Asus Maximus VII Impact would be available in India?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Asrock Z97E-ITX/ac -12100, (Link:403 Forbidden )
Intel i7 4790k-23000,
Corsair Vengeance 8GB(2*4GB)1600Mhz -6000,
Seasonic S12II 620W-5900,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB-3800,
Zotac GTX 970 4GB -26500,
Bitfenix Prodigy M -7000.
Total-84,300.

saifraza.khan.1

HOUDINI SPLICER
deathblade portability is a main concern here. So I am looking for mATX or mini itx boards.
Please read the build that I suggested in my first post.

Also, can anyone tell that by when Asus Maximus VII Impact would be available in India?

i don't think,it's gonna be soon or if it will be,because the custom gaming market in india is already niche,so don't even get me started about mini atx/itx gaming market,so if it does become available it's still quite a bit of time maybe at the end of q1 2015

DK_WD

WD Official
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Mild to Heavy Gaming, Rendering 3D Models

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: INR 80k-85k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows + Linux

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:NO

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Optical drive, Keyboard and mouse, Speakers

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: December or January

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Yes, I will be doing this myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in Vellore, TN. Also, next month I would be in Lucknow(Home), so I can get stuff from Local stores, can also goto Nehru Place, Delhi to get parts. I am open to online stores.(Need best price)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Below is a list of components that I chose. Portability is needed.

CPU : Core i5 4670k
Mobo : Asus Maximus VII Impact
RAM : 2x4GB G.Skill X Series 1600MHz DDR3
Case : Bitfenix Prodigy M(Portability)
HDD : WD Blue 1TB
GPU : Sapphire R9 290
PSU : Seasonic G 550W
Optical drive : NO
Keyboard+Mouse : NO
Monitor : NO

Hi Arayan.838,

I would like to add a word to help in build of PC. Here are some options for you.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor.
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Gene Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard.
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory.
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive.
Secondary: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive.
GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Dual-X Video Card.
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case.

I believe these components are best for gaming based on your budget. Also, this configuration allows for overclocking, as long as you have a stable power supply. In build, MOBO is the support of CrossFire technology that means in the future you can add-on a second GPU card for performance, instead of buying a new MOBO or replacing a totally new GPU. The R9 270 is better in terms of performance, mostly used for gaming and stability in graphics and with that you can enjoy better graphics.

Hope it helps.

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
^^ U forgot the PSU.... A seasonic s12II 620w will do
As for the GPU zotac gtx 970 is far ahead of the 280x so stick to that.
Switch from i7 4770k to 4790k.

Top Bottom