Need advice for motherboard, CPU & RAM within ₹20k

Generic Superhero

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?

Ans: I need to replace the dead motherboard of my six and a half year old PC. As a lot of things have changed, I figure I will need to replace the CPU and memory too for compatibility issues. I need the system for browsing with 20 to 30 tabs open at a time, working with documents and presentations, watching video lectures, joining interactive video sessions over Microsoft Team, editing photos every now and then using photoshop, editing video once in a while for uploading to YouTube. Rarely, I also watch some 4K content on Netflix.
My outgoing configuration is as follows -
It is a 4th generation Intel® Core™ i3-4130 Processor (3M Cache, 3.40 GHz) based system with a 4 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 RAM, sitting on a Asus B85M-G motherboard.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.

Ans: ₹20k. May stretch it to ₹30k.

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans: Will stick to Windows 10 for now.

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?

Ans: I want to retain my current drives:

240 GB Sandisk Extreme Pro solid state drive
1 TB Western Digital Blue (7200 RPM speed, 64 MB cache) hard disk drive

6. Do you want to buy a monitor?

Ans: Planning to retain the 20”, 1600x900 LG E2042TC.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans:
450 W Corsair VS Series™ power supply
Cooler Master N200 cabinet

I hope these will be compatible. Do I need to increase the power supply unit to a higher watt rating? I wish to retain the PC case as it is one of the sober looking cabinets in a crowd of flashy designs.

Logitech keyboard and mouse. ASUS DVD-RW drive. Creative Sound BlasterX Kratos S3 2.1.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?

Ans: Next week. Life without a desktop is really frustrating. As a friend of mine has put it, the laptop and iPad are toys. I was quite proud of my outgoing setup and the untimely demise of the motherboard has been a big setback.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?

Ans: Yes, I always buy and assemble myself. It will be done by me.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: Kolkata. Plan to buy it offline, for better prices. Online is welcome too.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

Ans: I am a member since 2004 and posting here after 8 years. I’ve been a bit out of touch with the hardware scene. Only recently, I’ve woken up to the story of the resurrection of AMD, about how it has ryzen from the grave in last 4 years.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
~25k
Ryzen 4350G
B450M Pro4 / B550M DS3H (If you opt for B450, just make sure it has latest BIOS)
DDR4 8GB 3200mhz

If VS450 is also 6yrs old, get a new one - preferably 80+ bronze rated.

~25k
Ryzen 4350G
B450M Pro4 / B550M DS3H (If you opt for B450, just make sure it has latest BIOS)
DDR4 8GB 3200mhz

If VS450 is also 6yrs old, get a new one - preferably 80+ bronze rated.
+1 to this

Will cost about 12-13k + 6.8-7k + 3-3.5k.

For Intel it would be i3 10100 + B460M + 8GB 2666MHz.

OP
Generic Superhero

Generic Superhero

Journeyman
Thanks to both of you for your valuable suggestions. Is the Ryzen 4350G available? If not, what should be my second option?

I have another concern. Both my hard drives connect via SATA (6 GB/sec). Will those be compatible with the new motherboard?

Finally, for the new PSU, how many watts will be ideal?

Last edited:

z3rO

Journeyman
Yes, Ryzen 4350G is available for ₹12,199 on PrimeABGB as of now. They will ship it with Wraith Stealth cooler. Make sure the motherboard is compatible with 4350G.

Yes, your SATA drives will be compatible with the new setup.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Yes, Ryzen 4350G is available for ₹12,199 on PrimeABGB as of now. They will ship it with Wraith Stealth cooler. Make sure the motherboard is compatible with 4350G.

Yes, your SATA drives will be compatible with the new setup.
Now that Maharashtra is under lockdown, will PrimeABGB ship anything out until the end of this month?

4350G is OEM Processor​

Maybe Indian retailers are posing as OEMs who will put those in their pre-builts? Surely clarify with AMD India if Ryzen 4000G CPUs are officially available in India. MDcomputers, primeabgb, etc are reputed sellers & they are mentioning 3 years of warranty, so I'd say its officially available here.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I asked AMD about this some months back and I was told they will honour the warranty. You can ask yourself before placing order.

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Maybe Indian retailers are posing as OEMs who will put those in their pre-builts? Surely clarify with AMD India if Ryzen 4000G CPUs are officially available in India. MDcomputers, primeabgb, etc are reputed sellers & they are mentioning 3 years of warranty, so I'd say its officially available here.

Attachments

• 4350g.JPG
    4350g.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 88
Top Bottom