need advice for laptop in banglore dell v/s hp

hello guys

my frnd in banglore wana purchase a laptop.she is having budget of rs 50,000(i think its maximum)

she knows nothing about the laptops/computers/mobile sobile so she wana me to decide the laptop so i suggested dell studio 14 to her coz i think at price 43,900 its bang for buck as its configuration is

Processors
Intel® CoreTM 2 Duo Processor @2.10ghz

Operating System
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium 64-Bit
Genuine Windows Vista® Ultimate 64-Bit (optional)
upgrade for window 7

Memory
Up to 4GB3 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM4.
Chipset
Intel® Cantiga GM45

Graphics
Up to ATI Mobility RadeonTM HD4530 512MB

LCD Display
14” High Definition 720p WLED (1366x768) Display with TrueLifeTM
14” High Definition + WLED (1600x900) Display with TrueLifeTM
Audio and Speakers
3-Watt (1.5W each) integrated speakers with SRS® Premium Sound software enhancement
Hard Drives
Up to 500GB3 7200RPM hard drive

Optical Drives
Up to Blu-ray DiscTM Player (Reads BD, reads and write CD & DVD) Drive
Power
6 cell 56 WHr Li-Ion Battery
Optional 9 cell 85 WHr Li-Ion Battery
Camera
2MP Integrated Webcam
Dual Digital Array Microphones
Wireless
Intel WiFi Link 5100 (802.11 a/g/Draft-n) Half Mini Card
Optional Intel WiFi Link 5300 (802.11 a/g/Draft-n) Half Mini Card

Bluetooth Options:
Bluetooth® Internal (2.1) mini-card
Ports, Slots, Chassis
Externally Accessible
(2) USB 2.0 compliant ports
(1) USB 2.0 compliant / e-SATA port with Power share
Integrated network connector 10/100/1000 LAN (RJ45)
34mm Express Card slot/8-in-1 medai card reader
HDMI Port
VGA port
AC adapter connector
Audio jacks (2 line-out, 1 Mic-in)

Dimensions & Weight
Width: 13.25" (336.67mm)
Height: 0.98" (24.8mm) front / 1.52" (38.6mm) back
Depth: 9.48" (240.77mm)
Weight: Starting weight of 5.2 lbs5 (2.36 kg) (14.0" HD display, 6 cell battery) Weights will vary depending on configurations and manufacturing variability.

*configure.ap.dell.com/dellstore/ ... 7IN8&s=dhs

i recommended her to upgrade two thing one is 9 cell battery n back lit key board which make it to the price range of approx 47-48k and to increase in hdd is up to her
but some one told her that go for hp as Bangalore doesnt have good service centre for dell(dell has only one center in bangalore)hp is providing better service there and about dell studio it doesnt have good battery back up,battery will drain out in 1 n 1/2 hr n get heated a lot...and some one recommended inspiron 15 to her

now main prob is that wat to say to her as i know she doesn't know about the laptop/computer but now as she is pursuing mba she need lappy for her project so she wana one which didn't give her tension of maintenance and wana good battery back up also

so what should i suggest her as

1.i dont know about the service condition in hp and dell in Bangalore
2. battery back up of this latest laptop(studio 14 with ddr3 ram with 9 cell battery)
3.any hanging or heating problem in this lappy
4.i noticed that it consist of vista 64 bit so what problem she will have to face due to having 64bit
5. plz suggest me the name of the data card which is best in bangalore as she will need and data card also having good and reliable speed and transfer rate along with connectivity
6.if you think any other lappy in this range is most appropriate then plz mentioned here
7.they are using a term "Whr" next to battery....what does it stand for (i think its working hour then is it real?? what is the actual back up time)

Top Bottom