Need advice for a decent gaming laptop

sohan_92

In the zone
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

80k - 85k INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

15.6" FHD, no weight constraint

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

Moderate level Gaming, watching movies and heavy web browsing

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

found this one on flipkart.
Asus ROG Core i7 6th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) 90NB09I3-M05010 GL552VW-CN426T Notebook (15.6 inch, Grey Metal, 2.59 kg)

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

No experience with any brand's customer service. Open to take any suggestion.

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Is it worth to buy Nvidia 960m or should I wait for sometime for 1000 series till price drop?

azvnoit

Journeyman
Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series has GTX1050 and is available at $799, give it a look. You can contact Dell customer care and get it imported by paying import charges otherwise the cheapest Dell Inspiron 15 7000 with GTX1050 will be priced north of 85k (around 1l).

If moderate gaming is what you want and can do with outdated specs then ASUS ROG GL552VW-CN426T is really good option, but don't get it from flipkart. Do some research in local stores, my friend got it for <80k (he lives in Ahmedabad).

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series has GTX1050 and is available at $799, give it a look. You can contact Dell customer care and get it imported by paying import charges otherwise the cheapest Dell Inspiron 15 7000 with GTX1050 will be priced north of 85k (around 1l).

If moderate gaming is what you want and can do with outdated specs then ASUS ROG GL552VW-CN426T is really good option, but don't get it from flipkart. Do some research in local stores, my friend got it for <80k (he lives in Ahmedabad).

You do realize that GTX 1050Ti beats GTX970M (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Notebook) - NotebookCheck.net Tec) and GTX 1050 beats 965M (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (Notebook) - NotebookCheck.net Tec) easily?

Also, 960M laptops aren't worth spending more than 65-70k right now, that too with 6700HQ, 8 GB ddr4 ram and 4GB vRAM.

azvnoit

Journeyman
Yes, I do realize that. I'm well aware that you suggest the best there is when it comes to gaming laptops.
But, why get a phone with SD821/6GB RAM when all you do is call/sms and whatsapp/facebook, (bad example, I know).
What if OPs moderate gaming can done on something with 960M or even 970M, even on ultra high settings?

The Indian prices of tech products are outrageous in India, a friend had purchased Dell 7559 (corei5/960M) for 52-53k INR in US and I had purchased the same for 80K in India last year. So, its true 960M laptops are way lower worth than the are priced.
Waiting for price drops is out of question (IMHO), because by that time we'll be expecting next gen of CPUs/GPUs already.

If one is really looking for the best product and at a reasonable price get it from outside India or get it imported.

Top Bottom