Need advice about laptop warranty

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
Hi guys, I have finally purchased my new laptop, a new HP G6 2005AX. It seems to work well. I have not faced any trouble till now, though its been just a few hours.
Okay so, I bought it from a dealer in Nehru Place, now the problem is that the guy has just given me a printed bill along with the laptop and NO WARRANTY CARD. I realized this when I got home, so I called him up and asked him about the warranty card and he said that you will be able to claim the warranty without the warranty card, all you need for claiming the warranty is the bill.

Is he right or should I be worried?

Ronnie012

Earthling
I think its ok. If the bill has the serial no of the product mentioned and has the dealer's seal and signature, it acts as the warranty.

ritvij

rated R
warranty card or bill both work!
get the bill signed and stamped and all of it will work without a hitch!
congo on your purchase!!

Ronnie012

Earthling
Hi I got a problem too.
"5. Please note that the claim will be processed ONLY if the Name on the invoice, identity proof and the name registered on the registration site is same. We request your attention to this point and submission of appropriate details to ensure timely claim approval."

Also this

" Copy of Purchase invoice (Please mention your unique redemption code as mentioned below on the invoice copy)."

Thing is my invoice doesn't have my name mentioned in it, just my signature and dealer's stamp and signature. So do I need to ask the seller to make a separate purchase invoice mentioning my name in it or what?

ritvij

rated R
Hi I got a problem too.
"5. Please note that the claim will be processed ONLY if the Name on the invoice, identity proof and the name registered on the registration site is same. We request your attention to this point and submission of appropriate details to ensure timely claim approval."

Also this

" Copy of Purchase invoice (Please mention your unique redemption code as mentioned below on the invoice copy)."

Thing is my invoice doesn't have my name mentioned in it, just my signature and dealer's stamp and signature. So do I need to ask the seller to make a separate purchase invoice mentioning my name in it or what?

forget about it!
if your invoice has date of purchase and VAT ID of the seller with your model number and serial number then forget worrying!
the guy i purchased my hp printer from.. he wrote the number wrong.. corrected it thrice and when i showed it to the service center guys they said "arrey chodiye isse, date dikhaiye" :p:p

Ronnie012

Earthling
forget about it!
if your invoice has date of purchase and VAT ID of the seller with your model number and serial number then forget worrying!
the guy i purchased my hp printer from.. he wrote the number wrong.. corrected it thrice and when i showed it to the service center guys they said "arrey chodiye isse, date dikhaiye" :p:p

Agree, but they specifically asked for my name "Please note that the claim will be processed ONLY if the Name on the invoice, identity proof and the name registered on the registration site is same. "

Are they asking for my name or name of the model I purchased?

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
You know the bill I have got has got the name totally wrong on it and becuase of this I don't think I will be able to get the extended warranty free of cost from HP, acc to the offer which is there for my laptop.

Ronnie012

Earthling
Name in invoice not needed. Just ID proof and name registered on website need match. Asked the guy today at redemption cell.

Top Bottom