Need a TV for parents

1. Budget?
Up to 30k. Would prefer to keep it around 27-28k if possible.

2. Display type and size?
Not sure. We have a viewing distance of about 13 feet

3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily?
General entertainment - DTH and OTT platforms like hotstar.

4. Types and number of ports required?
Nothing specific. The more the better.

5. Preferred choice of brand?
NA

6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
None

7. Any other info that you want to share.
None

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
1. Budget?
Up to 30k. Would prefer to keep it around 27-28k if possible.

2. Display type and size?
Not sure. We have a viewing distance of about 13 feet

3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily?
General entertainment - DTH and OTT platforms like hotstar.

4. Types and number of ports required?
Nothing specific. The more the better.

5. Preferred choice of brand?
NA

6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
None

7. Any other info that you want to share.
None
I would recommend the following 43 inch Hisense TV for 3 yrs warranty. If you can stretch your budget consider getting 50 inch TV.

Get it from any of the following links.
amazon[with SBI Card Discount]
*www.amazon.in/Hisense-inches-Certified-Android-43A71F/dp/B08BXXZ86T?ref_=ast_sto_dp

OR

flipkart[HDFC card discount]
Hisense A71F 108 cm (43 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart Android TV with Dolby Vision & ATMOS Online at best Prices In India

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hisense TV is good but do check the service center support in your area. As many people complained of pathetic after sales service.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
As per this guide, for 13 feet of viewing distance, optimal size of TV screens should be more than 86".
So the size of TV should be maximum possible which in your budget seems to be 43" or 50".
If you won't want to get Mi TV (which I would assume its Chinese) or don't want to get 50" TV (which is more than your budget) then my best bet would be on the Vu TV already suggested above.

@harshilsharma63 Which city?

If you are in a small city without service centres for those small TV brands, better stick with LG, Samsung & Panasonic. Surely you will be stuck with 1080p, likely 40" or 43" or so, but for parents, it will not matter much. 1080p at 43" still looks great & many channels in India are still SD (480p), which looks bad in 1080p or be it 4K.

Among small brands, Nokia 43" 4K with Onkyo soundbar seems good, costs 30k. Great speakers as well. Otherwise the HiSense 4K is also good, so is the Vu 1080p one, if you want to save money.

For big brands:
*www.amazon.in/LG-inches-Smart-43LM5650PTA-Ceramic/dp/B08G21VNQQ/
*www.amazon.in/Panasonic-inches-Android-Smart-TH-40HS450DX/dp/B087K1CQMF/

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
@Zangetsu I went through other threads as well and the Vu TV seems highly recommended. I think it ticks all boxes for me. The Hisense is kinda suspicious as to how its giving 4k at that price. I mean what is it compromising at?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@Zangetsu I went through other threads as well and the Vu TV seems highly recommended. I think it ticks all boxes for me. The Hisense is kinda suspicious as to how its giving 4k at that price. I mean what is it compromising at?
I would say go with the Vu TV as being an Indian brand its very old and trusted. Service center is excellent. They come to your home for any issues.

HiSense is a new brand and will need some time to settle in India to improve customer care service.

29k for 43" 4K is not cheap. Even Vu had that for 25k about 6 months back, they used to source some parts from HiSense back then, but govt. increased taxes & 43" 4K from relatively big Chinese companies (HiSense, Nokia, Moto) rose to 28-29k. Not sure why Vu 43" 4K TVs haven't been in stock for months.

TCL is a good brand in the US & EU for budget TVs but avoid it in India as they bring inferior quality TVs here. I'll prefer HiSense, Nokia or Moto over it, if Vu had options, then Vu for sure.

Top Bottom