Need a rig @ 28k...'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Hmm I'd like it...' will try them in my nxt intel rig....'

As of now as asigh said Corsair is best and its warranty is very best.... '

4r mobo Amd newest chipset is 785g ...now which one will run well with phenom 2 955....790gx or 785g..?

as asigh said a vx 550 is ideal 4 this rig but no sli@ crossfire so will a tx 650 will a better options...?

VX550 is more than enough, buddy. TX650 would be an overkill, unless you want multi-GPU in the future. Depends, since it will cost more...!

Corsair is good, high speed, well tested RAM.

Krow

Crowman
Both 785 and 790 will run well. 790 is better for OCing. Avoid Biostar boards though, I'm saying this purely due to the lack of 100% solid capacitors. Get MSI 790 board for 7k. Else stick to 785 based boards like MSI 785GM-E51 @ 4.6k or MSI 785GM-E65 @ 5.6k or Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H @ 5.8k. The Gigabyte 785 is my recommendation if you are not into OCing.

VX550W will do just fine. I suggest you look for Antec EA650 @ 4.8k or GlacialPower 650AA @ 4.8k. If not, then have a look @ Seasonic 500W @ 5k. It will be able to power any single GPU system that you throw at it.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
VX550W will do just fine. I suggest you look for Antec EA650 @ 4.8k or GlacialPower 650AA @ 4.8k. If not, then have a look @ Seasonic 500W @ 5k. It will be able to power any single GPU system that you throw at it.

Why suggesting a 650W supply buddy. 500W or 550W is more than enough...

Krow

Crowman
Why suggesting a 650W supply buddy. 500W or 550W is more than enough...
Agreed, but PSU prices are really bloated these days. There was a time when people bought VX450W for 3.2k and TX750W for 7k. Look at the prices today. :(

Hence, those PSU's are really GREAT VFM. Why would you not buy a 650W PSU which gives 88-92% efficiency, that is cheaper than the 550W one? It's like:

Godfather said:
I'll make you an offer you can't refuse
:)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Agreed, but PSU prices are really bloated these days. There was a time when people bought VX450W for 3.2k and TX750W for 7k. Look at the prices today. :(

Hence, those PSU's are really GREAT VFM. Why would you not buy a 650W PSU which gives 88-92% efficiency, that is cheaper than the 550W one? It's like:

I would bet my pants (and underwear) on Tagan, Silverstone, and Corsair only. Do not mind paying the premium for these brands (even if bloated). Man, do not want to risk my expensive stuff on anything else. Plus if OC'ing the risk runs even higher.

I would hate an offer made my Don Corleone -- infact anyone with that sir name..! Obviously you cannot refuse...imagine a gun to your head, and half of Italy's-migrated-to-Chicago mafioso holding that gun. :) :) :)

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
I would add Seasonic, Antec, Delta and GlacialPower to that list. If you did not know that already, then some Corsair PSU's are Seasonic OEM's. All the above PSU companies are great and totally worth Corleone's gun. :p

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I would add Seasonic, Antec, Delta and GlacialPower to that list. If you did not know that already, then some Corsair PSU's are Seasonic OEM's. All the above PSU companies are great and totally worth Corleone's gun. :p

Yea I know about the outsourcing which Corsair does for the internal core of the PSU. OK, I missed out on the power PSU list, but I still bet on the first three I listed. Having read most forums and post with them as prime PSU of choice. Even if slight doubt, do not risk the PSU.

I would rather make a choice from my boat house and laptop (fantasy), than with Corleone's gun to my head......!

Krow

Crowman
Yea I know about the outsourcing which Corsair does for the internal core of the PSU. OK, I missed out on the power PSU list, but I still bet on the first three I listed. Having read most forums and post with them as prime PSU of choice. Even if slight doubt, do not risk the PSU.

I would rather make a choice from my boat house and laptop (fantasy), than with Corleone's gun to my head......!

In your way, you are right. Brands are a very personal choice anyway. :) My only point here is that performance is better in some of the brands I mentioned at a cheaper price and also they are well reputed brands. So one need not worry about those. Only concern should be after sales service and warranty. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom