Need a replacement laptop under 40k

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD) - 40,000 INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Photoshop,maybe adobe premier and random stuff.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
I5 5th gen,4Gb+ RAM
SSD(If possible)

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:
b. Dislike:ACER

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Purchase: Locally

Basically the services centers are not able to replace my lenovo z510's keyboard. I have given to someother service center now if they can't replace it , i will have to get a new laptop.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Which city service centre did you tried?
Mangalore.
I tried the place where I bought it from - Allied Electronic's then I went to my known computer shop , they ordered the official Z510 keyboard, and it did not support it.

$hadow

Geek in making
Mangalore.
I tried the place where I bought it from - Allied Electronic's then I went to my known computer shop , they ordered the official Z510 keyboard, and it did not support it.

ugh, they can't even provide proper parts now, and we are here suggesting the majority to go with lenovo. Time to shoot their top management a mail regarding this.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
ugh, they can't even provide proper parts now, and we are here suggesting the majority to go with lenovo. Time to shoot their top management a mail regarding this.

The problem started last December, with my touchpad not working.Google the issue, and found out its a driver problem. Then in April,the battery was f**ked and it took 1 month to get it replaced, and soon I noticed that whenever the touchpad wasn't working, there was a full volume sound icon, and turning off the sound solved the problem for a while.Then, When I went to win 10, the problem never occurred for a week,and thought the driver is fixed.
Anyway then everything went down, and even the keyboard stopped working.

$hadow

Geek in making
The problem started last December, with my touchpad not working.Google the issue, and found out its a driver problem. Then in April,the battery was f**ked and it took 1 month to get it replaced, and soon I noticed that whenever the touchpad wasn't working, there was a full volume sound icon, and turning off the sound solved the problem for a while.Then, When I went to win 10, the problem never occurred for a week,and thought the driver is fixed.
Anyway then everything went down, and even the keyboard stopped working.

You should ask for a replacement.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
^Go for that, looks nice

- - - Updated - - -

However, ASUS support will be trashier than Lenovo.

Current lenovo laptops aren't built to last it seems

My Y500's LAN port is not working, 3.5mm jack is giving problems, screen's hinge is in a bad shape & also the thread of a screwing point wore off n the screw fell off somewhere(no use in putting a new screw)

A friend of mine has Y50 & his laptop's hinge broke, when it was just 6 months old & another friend's Y50's camera malfunctioned

A 2.5 yr old Z500's screen just stopped working

So, I personally avoid suggesting Lenovo to anyone now, I won't even suggest Y50 even if it gets updated display.

- - - Updated - - -

Asus A550JX XX142D Core I7 4720HQ 4GB 1TB 15 6" HD 4GB Nvidia 950M Graphics | eBay

This might be the best performance oriented laptop under 50k

If OP is interested in having a genuine Windows & 1080p FHD screen, there is an HP laptop, but it has i5 ULV + 940M
HP Pavilion 15-ab030TX Notebook (M2W73PA) (5th Gen Intel Core i5-8GB RAM-1TB HDD-39.6cm (15.6)-Windows 8.1-2GB Graphics) (White) - Buy Laptops Online @ Best Price on Snapdeal.com
I have seen this laptop for as low as 47k

Top Bottom