I need to buy a phone for 12K

1. Budget?

2. Display type and size?

Bar less than 5 inch

3. Dual sim?

Not Preferred

4. Preferred choice of brand?

Samsung,Sony,Nokia

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?

Atleast 8MP camera with taking good pictures capability under low light

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).

Android

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).

3G

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?

Heavy Gaming,Browsing Internet,Watching Videos.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?

Not Any

10. Any other info that you want to share

I need a phone in 12K budget.I would not buy from online stores.Only from local stores.
I need a phone which can play heavy new games.If possible atleast Adreno 320 or equivalent.I need a phone with good after sales service.I don't need Zen,Asus Microcrap.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Forget adreno 320 in your budget, minimum you'd have to spend 17k for Xperia ZR. For 13k, Mi3 would've been gooood but its discontinued. Xperia SP hasn't even got kitkat officially, so don't consider it even though its around 14k now. Now, good android phone under 15k with adreno 320 from samdung and nokia, hmmm, :rofl:

Get Moto G (2014)

Last edited:
OP
A

akki585

Broken In
Forget adreno 320 in your budget, minimum you'd have to spend 17k for Xperia ZR. For 13k, Mi3 would've been gooood but its discontinued. Xperia SP hasn't even got kitkat officially, so don't consider it even though its around 14k now. Now, good android phone under 15k with adreno 320 from samdung and nokia, hmmm, :rofl:

Get Moto G (2014)
Sony Xperia SP has adreno 320,why not to consider it?
I couldn't find ZR at 17K anywhere it is rarely available at 20K at local shops.
Is Moto G available locally?

Adreno 320 is really a very good gpu,you can throw any game on it,

I couldn't find ZR at 17K anywhere it is rarely available at 20K at local shops.

Sometimes Flipkart have ZR @ 18k...... Check FK daily

Even though SP has good HW but SW side is ot good, so Moto G 2014 with Lollipop would be better overall

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

SP is stuck on buggy 4.3, will never get 4.4 officially. Go to window shopping, you won't find phones cheaper than online stores. Moto G (2014) though may have 305 but is good enough. It won't be available locally. Shops don't sell anything they can't make profit off.

OP
A

akki585

Broken In
SP is stuck on buggy 4.3, will never get 4.4 officially. Go to window shopping, you won't find phones cheaper than online stores. Moto G (2014) though may have 305 but is good enough. It won't be available locally. Shops don't sell anything they can't make profit off.
SP has better cpu and Gpu then Moto G how can you say that Moto G is better than SP.just because of a os.Why the os is so important?Os doesn't matter that much.The thing is matter the specs not the os.

$hadow

Geek in making
SP has better cpu and Gpu then Moto G how can you say that Moto G is better than SP.just because of a os.Why the os is so important?Os doesn't matter that much.The thing is matter the specs not the os.

What heavy games are you looking forward to play? I have tried asphalt 8, NOVA 3, Sega Tennis, COD strike team and only strike team has problem running the game where as other ran on medium settings.

OP
A

akki585

Broken In
What heavy games are you looking forward to play? I have tried asphalt 8, NOVA 3, Sega Tennis, COD strike team and only strike team has problem running the game where as other ran on medium settings.
The thing i said is adreno 320 is better than adreno 305.The adreno 320 will play games more better than adreno 305

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

4.3 was very buggy ,doesnt matter if it has superior hardware
overall Moto G>>>SP

$hadow

Geek in making
The thing i said is adreno 320 is better than adreno 305.The adreno 320 will play games more better than adreno 305

That is one fact let us move towards another fact. While playing games we also need a good amount of ram free in order to move through the frames without dropping a big amount in them. 4.3 is okay but kitkat was optimized for 512 mb ram phones. In that scenario you will not be having a lot of trouble in using the phone when you will be using it for gaming. This aspect is generally left untouched in high end phones since they have a good amount of ram generally unused but when it comes to 1 GB it is something one should keep an eye on. We are here to only suggest and rest choice making in your hands.

Reloaded

In the zone
asus zenfone 5 has 2gb ram, it has zen ui, one good thing about zen ui is you can directly install all the apps directly to sd card, that is a huge plus point. You won't find a phone with 2gb ram at 10k. Brand is Asus so you can expect high quality internals.
Best choice will be asus zenfone 5.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
asus zenfone 5 has 2gb ram, it has zen ui, one good thing about zen ui is you can directly install all the apps directly to sd card, that is a huge plus point. You won't find a phone with 2gb ram at 10k. Brand is Asus so you can expect high quality internals.
Best choice will be asus zenfone 5.

Zenfone 5's GPU(PowerVR SGX544 with 2 cores) is comparable to Adreno 305 but Adreno 320 is considerably better.

OP
A

akki585

Broken In
That is one fact let us move towards another fact. While playing games we also need a good amount of ram free in order to move through the frames without dropping a big amount in them. 4.3 is okay but kitkat was optimized for 512 mb ram phones. In that scenario you will not be having a lot of trouble in using the phone when you will be using it for gaming. This aspect is generally left untouched in high end phones since they have a good amount of ram generally unused but when it comes to 1 GB it is something one should keep an eye on. We are here to only suggest and rest choice making in your hands.
Yes it is right but adreno 320 is better than adreno 305 and u should buy a better thing for your price spent.

- - - Updated - - -

Zenfone 5's GPU(PowerVR SGX544 with 2 cores) is comparable to Adreno 305 but Adreno 320 is considerably better.
That's why i m saying to buy Xperia SP.

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
Yeah,Xperia SP is a good phone if you don't care about updates.There is no other phone with Adreno 320 within your budget.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
SP wont show its true performance unless you put a proper custom ROM
android 4.3 is buggy and hinders performance compared to later android builds which are better optimised so i wouldnt say you can take advantage of a better gpu fully

$hadow

Geek in making
Yes it is right but adreno 320 is better than adreno 305 and u should buy a better thing for your price spent.

- - - Updated - - -

That's why i m saying to buy Xperia SP.

You seriously didn't read that THOROUGHLY didn't you?

Top Bottom