Cyborg Agent
1. Budget? 20000 INR
2. Display type and size? 7 inch, decent dpi
3. Dual sim? Single SIM
4. Preferred choice of brand? Any reputed brand with good service reach
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Any
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Android 6
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). 3G
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Application testing
9. Any specific tablets in consideration? None
10. Any other info that you want to share
Updates for at least next two major versions of Android. Cannot find Nexus tabs on sale online (from official channels)

OP
lywyre

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Are there any downsides in using Motorola Nexus 6 as a tablet? Except smaller screen and the lack of an SD slot.

OP
lywyre

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I shot an email to Samsung India if there are any tablets that could get updates for the next two versions of Android after marshmallow.

Your question
Hi,

We have several tabs in our office including Samsung. All Samsung tablets are still stuck with JellyBean (4.1/4.2) and none of them got any major OS update. We are providing Salesforce.com implementation to our clients and require latest/recent Android version to test Salesforce app for each implementation. We are now looking to get a new batch of tablets for the same but we cant find any Samsung tablets with 6 (not even 5.1). All are still at 5.0 only, and none of the seem to have received any update to 5.1 over the last year.

Will it be a poor decision to purchase a Samsung tablet at this moment? Can we hope to get updates to at least the next two versions of Android (after 6.0)?
Counselor answer
Dear Customer,

Greetings of the day!

Thank you for sharing your query with Samsung and providing us the opportunity to assist you.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

This is with reference to your concern regarding “software update” for your Samsung Galaxy Tab.

As per your email, we would like to inform you that right now we don’t have any official confirmation for the same. We have noted down your feedback and it will review carefully. We highly appreciate your suggestion as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do.

The Reference number of your email is...

I later got a call from a Samsung rep explaining how they are involved in updating the s7 series and then they will be involved in the note series, then the tab A.
But he failed to convincingly recommend buying any tablets from Samsung. I just directly questioned if there are any tablets currently in line that will receive 2 major updates after 6, for which the answer was still murkily negative.

I shot an email to Samsung India if there are any tablets that could get updates for the next two versions of Android after marshmallow.

I later got a call from a Samsung rep explaining how they are involved in updating the s7 series and then they will be involved in the note series, then the tab A.
But he failed to convincingly recommend buying any tablets from Samsung. I just directly questioned if there are any tablets currently in line that will receive 2 major updates after 6, for which the answer was still murkily negative.

Samsung devices get 2 major updates, that it....... And I'm talking about their flagship devices.... Take the example of S5, it was launched with KK & has been updated to M, but it won't receive anymore updates

Top Bottom