Need a mobile under 20k, 128 GB internal storage, with custom ROM support

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
So if one just remove the sticker off the phone then is it safe and would not create problem while claiming warranty or other issues? those are just IMEI numbers and can be seen in phone settings then why sticker is needed? or is it for the reason SaiyanGoku mentioned above, we should not lose the stickers with IMEI numbers?

Actually, Handsets in the past had removable backs allowing manufacturers to print all the information inside. And it made sense. Today the scenario is different. Almost every smartphone today is sealed or essentially cannot be opened by the user that easily. This left smartphone makers with two choices, print the information on the device or use a sticker.
It would be a good if you keep the sticker in some safe place as it has details about the hardware which might be useful while claiming warranty in case the phone doesn’t turn on.

So if you have that sticker, or if there is any such sticker in the box (Manufacturers give 2, one is pre-applied, another one is in the box with manuals. u also have one outside the box, with MRP), U will not face any problems. The sticker has serial no. and IMEI no.. If the serial no. on MoBo of phone matches the sticker, only then the warranty can be claimed..

But serial no. is also present on box and the Bill.

Yes, the software does gives it, but it can be easily edited, Hence cant be believed.

As far as IMEI misuse, there have been a lot of cases earlier of that. In some cases manufacturers like vivo used same IMEI no. on 600-700 devces, but in the other, some criminal was using stolen IMEI's to prevent tracking.

OP
O

OrrBitt

Broken In
So if you loose it, you are screwed.(not that much until third party is available.) But before panicking just check the box, and the bill(if you bought offline, as the online resellers do not print IMEI on their bills) Usually, u will find that sticker in box also. Not only in the box but on the outside of box also, where MRP is written. So if you still reain the box, you are safe.

I checked the box, it has both IMEIs and the serial no. Thanks for giving this info. :)

I just downloaded the invoice and found that it contains the first IMEI number, not the second one or the serial number (but there's no signature at the bottom).

I had the same question as @TheSloth - why require the sticker when you can get the info from the phone - and I would consider the output given by the mobile as more trustworthy than some sticker. But as @RumbaMon19 says, IMEI numbers can be changed in the phone. Manufacturers should hardcode an identification number in the phone so that it cannot be changed by software.

I'll visit the shop where I got the lamination done, and ask, maybe he has kept the sticker.

Last edited:
I checked the box, it has both IMEIs and the serial no. Thanks for giving this info. :)

I just downloaded the invoice and found that it contains the first IMEI number, not the second one or the serial number (but there's no signature at the bottom).

I had the same question as @TheSloth - why require the sticker when you can get the info from the phone - and I would consider the output given by the mobile as more trustworthy than some sticker. But as @RumbaMon19 says, IMEI numbers can be changed in the phone. Manufacturers should hardcode an identification number in the phone so that it cannot be changed by software.

I'll visit the shop where I got the lamination done, and ask, maybe he has kept the sticker.
I think IMEI sticker is a regulatory requirement.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Don't worry if you lose the sticker. You can still claim the warranty.
The only thing is that the IMEI might be misused for other Chinese phones.

You only need the Bill/Warranty card for claiming warranty.

Top Bottom