Need a laptop for 30-35k

gold

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
30-35k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Mostly web surfing, watching HD movies , some programming and a bit of gaming.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
1TB HDD (if possible than a SSD too). Want a laptop with a sturdy body.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:
b. Dislike:

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution 1080p if possible, not a hard constraint though
Battery back up , normal
Purchase place Online/Local in NCR

Check this:
HP 15-r244TX (Notebook) (Core i3 4th Gen/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Free DOS/ 2GB Graph) (M9W02PA) Rs.35750 Price in India - Buy HP 15-r244TX (Notebook) (Core i3 4th Gen/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Free DOS/ 2GB Graph) (M9W02PA) SParkling Black Online - HP : Flipkart.com

If you want 1080p display:
HP 15-ab035AX Pavilion Notebook (APU Quad Core A8/ 8GB/ 1TB/ 2GB Graph/ Win8.1) (N4G45PA) Rs.39300 Price in India - Buy HP 15-ab035AX Pavilion Notebook (APU Quad Core A8/ 8GB/ 1TB/ 2GB Graph/ Win8.1) (N4G45PA) Natural SIlver Online - HP : Flipkart.co

OP
G

gold

Broken In
Check this:
HP 15-r244TX (Notebook) (Core i3 4th Gen/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Free DOS/ 2GB Graph) (M9W02PA) Rs.35750 Price in India - Buy HP 15-r244TX (Notebook) (Core i3 4th Gen/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Free DOS/ 2GB Graph) (M9W02PA) SParkling Black Online - HP : Flipkart.com

If you want 1080p display:
HP 15-ab035AX Pavilion Notebook (APU Quad Core A8/ 8GB/ 1TB/ 2GB Graph/ Win8.1) (N4G45PA) Rs.39300 Price in India - Buy HP 15-ab035AX Pavilion Notebook (APU Quad Core A8/ 8GB/ 1TB/ 2GB Graph/ Win8.1) (N4G45PA) Natural SIlver Online - HP : Flipkart.co

Thanks for your reply.
I'm not much of a fan of HP as I've heard that there are some hinge issues with the HP laptops. In fact one of the reviews on the first laptop says that too. I too was searching for the laptop and found this one:
Lenovo G50-80 Notebook (80E5021LIN) (5th Gen Intel Core i5- 4GB RAM- 1TB HDD- 39.62 cm (15.6)- DOS- 2GB Graphics) (Black) - Buy Laptops Online @ Best Price on Snapdeal.com

What do you think?

- - - Updated - - -

check out lenovo flex

I just need a decent laptop and instead of wasting money on laptop-cum-tablet I would like to have a higher configuration.

Thanks for your reply.
I'm not much of a fan of HP as I've heard that there are some hinge issues with the HP laptops. In fact one of the reviews on the first laptop says that too. I too was searching for the laptop and found this one:
Lenovo G50-80 Notebook (80E5021LIN) (5th Gen Intel Core i5- 4GB RAM- 1TB HDD- 39.62 cm (15.6)- DOS- 2GB Graphics) (Black) - Buy Laptops Online @ Best Price on Snapdeal.com

What do you think?

- - - Updated - - -

I just need a decent laptop and instead of wasting money on laptop-cum-tablet I would like to have a higher configuration.

That Lenovo one is good

As far as hinge problem is concerned, my 2.5 years old laptop's hinge might break soon. Also my laptop's LAN port isn't working, 3.5mm jack has some problems. My friend's Y50's hinge broke after 7-8 months of use. A friend had to replace his Z500's screen. So I stopped recommending Lenovo, as in long run somethig or other gives problem. Also new Lenovo laptops have TN display, which is inferior to normal LED backlit LCD

OP
G

gold

Broken In
That Lenovo one is good

As far as hinge problem is concerned, my 2.5 years old laptop's hinge might break soon. Also my laptop's LAN port isn't working, 3.5mm jack has some problems. My friend's Y50's hinge broke after 7-8 months of use. A friend had to replace his Z500's screen. So I stopped recommending Lenovo, as in long run somethig or other gives problem. Also new Lenovo laptops have TN display, which is inferior to normal LED backlit LCD

So hinge problem is not only limited to the HP laptops, Lenovo seems to be more problematic in your case.
I'll visit the Croma store to check both the laptops and will decide then.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Thanks for your reply.

What do you think?

As an owner of a Dell,HP,Vaio and a Lenovo , Id safely suggest you to stay away from HP
the hinge issues are real just like the heatsink,touchpad,keyboard and power button

HP uses flimsy quality in its laptops compared to Dell,Lenovo and Vaio

- - - Updated - - -

So hinge problem is not only limited to the HP laptops, Lenovo seems to be more problematic in your case.
I'll visit the Croma store to check both the laptops and will decide then.

HP has wayy more issues
theres no problem free company but stick to Dell and Lenovo,parts are cheap and easily available and have better failure rates than HP
Ive had numerous issues pop up on my HP in the past 3 years

OP
G

gold

Broken In
There is only the processor difference between Lenovo G50-80 Notebook (80E5021LIN) (5th Gen Intel Core i5- 4GB RAM- 1TB HDD- 39.62 cm (15.6)- DOS- 2GB Graphics) (Black) - Buy Lenovo G50-80 Notebook (80E5021LIN) (5th Gen Intel Core i5- 4GB RAM- 1TB HDD- 39.62 cm (15.6)- DOS- 2GB Graphics) (Black) and Lenovo G50-80 Notebook (80E502UWIN) (5th Gen Intel Core i3- 4GB RAM- 1TB HDD- 39.62 cm (15.6)- DOS- 2GB Graphics) (Black) - Buy Lenovo G50-80 Notebook (80E502UWIN) (5th Gen Intel Core i3- 4GB RAM- 1TB HDD- 39.62 cm (15.6)- DOS- 2GB Graphics) (Black) .
First one has i5 5200u whereas the second one has i3 5010u and both are dual core and mostly all the configuration of both the CPUs are same.
Where would be the difference come in using 5200u and 5010u ?

Top Bottom