Need a laptop after HP-2005AX

anky

Youngling
Hello guys,

I bought my HP-2005AX when it was launched.I bought it after researching a lot on thinkdigit . I remember 'Sam' and 'dashing suajy' giving a lot of suggestions and guys here helped me a lot in buying that laptop.after that i became very busy in college and placements and all, so as of now i am lil unaware of the new laptops in the market.
Now i need to buy another laptop which satisfies my gaming and other requirements.Please help me in buying another awesome laptop like that one. (HP-2005AX is still working fine, i will give it to my brother and took new one for me :p)

1.Budget
2.Size - 15''-16''
3.What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook? -
Gaming - Want to play latest gams atleast on low/medium settings.
Work - Will use VM, So i guess more RAM is required.
Others - Watch lots of Movies.
4.Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Not really, 1.5 yrs ago when i bought 2005AX, AMD processors were just introduced in laptops.I dont have nay idea whats 'hot' in market right now. :(
5.Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
have used two HP laptops, both were ugly.It would be bonus if the laptop is nice looking.
6. Anything else you would like to say?
I have searched in this forum and found Lenovo y50 is very famous. i wiuld like to know about it performance compared to HP-2005AX.

P.S - sorry for using the word HP-2005AX so many times :p

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
1. Lenovo Y50 is way out of your budget. Forget about it.

2. Get lenovo Z50 with GT 840M so as to be able to play recent games on respectable framerates.

Lenovo Z50-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Free DOS/ 2GB Graph) (59-419439) Rs.43900 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Z50-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Free DOS/ 2GB Graph) (59-419439) SIlver Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

Lenovo Z50-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Free DOS/ 2GB Graph) (59-420313) Rs.44999 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Z50-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Free DOS/ 2GB Graph) (59-420313) SIlver Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
Can i please get a full comprehensive user review for these models if u have one. Are AMD models not good compared to 840M?
I want to know about the build quality and real life performance of this laptop.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
AMD models come with either R5 M230 or R7 M265.

You can check how those two and 840M perform

*www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-840M.105681.0.html
*www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-R5-M230.108655.0.html
*www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-R7-M265.109394.0.html

That's the reason minimum 840M is recommended for gaming on laptops. Else a desktop would be miles better.

Minion

Conversation Architect
[MENTION=147449]anky[/MENTION]

Since You are a previous HP user how was your experience with that laptop did you face heating issues,Service problems etc.I have same requirement as your I am thinking for going with HP Pavilion 15-p077TX it has 8Gb RAM,Nvidia 840M GPU,1TB harddrive.

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
there is a huge difference in prices of this laptop on flipkart - 45K and Amazon - 39K
Buy Lenovo Z50 59-420310 15.6-inch Laptop (Core i5 4210U/4GB/1TB/DOS/Intel HD Graphics/with Laptop Bag), Silver Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in
can u tell why is this so? does flipkart one have extra warranty or amazon dont have any warranty?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
there is a huge difference in prices of this laptop on flipkart - 45K and Amazon - 39K
Buy Lenovo Z50 59-420310 15.6-inch Laptop (Core i5 4210U/4GB/1TB/DOS/Intel HD Graphics/with Laptop Bag), Silver Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in
can u tell why is this so? does flipkart one have extra warranty or amazon dont have any warranty?

The one on amazon lacks a dGPU. That's why the low price, so don't get it.

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
[MENTION=147449]anky[/MENTION]

Since You are a previous HP user how was your experience with that laptop did you face heating issues,Service problems etc.I have same requirement as your I am thinking for going with HP Pavilion 15-p077TX it has 8Gb RAM,Nvidia 840M GPU,1TB harddrive.

Hey there,
My experience with HP was awesome. but let me warn you HP laptops (atleast the models i had) does not have good build quality.I always use a cooling stand while using laptop, so i did not face any heating issues.although my friend does not care a bit about his laptop and his system shuts down after few mins of use due to heating.
After sales service of HP is very good.They do service at your home also.But i think the laptop you are thinking of buying is a bit costly.I guess it has same specs as this lenovo one which saiyangoku suggested.you can have a look at that one.

- - - Updated - - -

oh ****..how can i not notice that one..:/..thank you for pointing out that one

- - - Updated - - -

in one of the reviews at flipkart, it was written that it doesnot allow windows 7 64 but to run.is it true? i only use windows 7

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
hello guys,l
thnanks a lot for ur advices, i went to local market today and i was not able to find z50/840m with DOS,
it was available with 820M/FHD with DOS.
also i was getting additional 2yrs warranty for free which is not available online.
what shud i do? is there a lot of difference between 820 and 840?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
hello guys,l
thnanks a lot for ur advices, i went to local market today and i was not able to find z50/840m with DOS,
it was available with 820M/FHD with DOS.
also i was getting additional 2yrs warranty for free which is not available online.
what shud i do? is there a lot of difference between 820 and 840?

If you want to play recent and future games, get 840M and forget 820M. Also forget local market if you want right config at better price.

Check these out and see for yourself.
*www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-820M.108477.0.html
*www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-840M.105681.0.html

Top Bottom