Need a Jack of All Trades computer under 60k.

lordhades

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications?
Ans: This needs to be a workstation for all intents and purposes. It needs to be able to code, run some AI/ML stuff and lastly game(This is the least important)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 60k. Maybe 65k.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows/Ubuntu

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB SSD is possible otherwise I can make do with a 500GB SSD.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I have a hard drive(2TB) and two SSDs(60GB and 120GB). Monitor. Keybaord and Mouse.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: By this weekend hopefully.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have built one before and I will build this one as well.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Hyderabad. Open to local and online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:

So I built my first gaming rig back in 2010-2011.
  • Cooler Master HAF-X
  • i7-2600k
  • Gigabyte Z68XUD7
  • MSI Lightning GTX 580(Dead)
  • Corsair 850 Watt PSU (HX 850 I think.)
  • 8GB Ripjaws DDR3
I intend to reuse my old SSDs and HDDs for the time being But I was wondering if my PSU could be reused. Its old but its been rock solid all these years
and if I have to buy another I'd prefer to get another Corsair.

Reason for new rig is that the GPU has failed. So i thought I'd get a new system.

I'd prefer an AMD system. The new Ryzen stuff is amazing but I get the feeling a Ryzen 3 series processor along with the 570 chipset might be unlikely, but I thought it might be futureproof.

Also, on a side note, if you guys know some place where I can sell this system as a whole I'd like to know.

Thanks in advance

Top Bottom