Need a good H97 motherboard under 10K for core i5 4440

Suvrojit

Broken In
Need a good motherboard under 10K for core i5 4440

I am upgrading my computer to a core i5 4440, Corsair Vengeance 4gb ram (another 4gb later), already have GTX 550Ti, but need a good motherboard by reliability and feature wise under 10k. I personally narrowed down to:
1. Gigabyte H97M-D3H
2.Gigabyte B85M-D3H
3.Asus H97-Plus
I personally chose Gigabyte H97-D3H but it doesn't seem to be available. Can you please suggest a good enough board for gaming with this cpu under 10k as I will buy it next month and I don't plan to overclock. Thanks!

Last edited:

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
a h97 would be a waste, get a Asus/Gigabyte B85 ~ 5.5k

and on a side note, 550Ti is a little weak

OP
S

Suvrojit

Broken In
Re: Need a good motherboard under 10K for core i5 4440

My friend and a assembler known to me are saying to go for Gigabyte boards as Asus are not the strong points down the line. Do you think Gigabyte will be a better board for reliability over Asus and a final question will H97M-D3H will be worth the extra features over B85?

sushovan

In the zone

My friend and a assembler known to me are saying to go for Gigabyte boards as Asus are not the strong points down the line. Do you think Gigabyte will be a better board for reliability over Asus and a final question will H97M-D3H will be worth the extra features over B85?
Are you from Kolkata? Then never opt for Gigabyte even if 99 out of 100 shopkeepers tell you to choose Gigabyte. Gigabyte after sales service is worst in Kolkata ( I am the latest victim of their horrible crap in the name of RMA). Better go for Asus/Asrock/MSI etc.

If you aren't from Kolkata then ignore what I said above. Their RMA handling is exactly opposite of Kolkata in other metros.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I would suggest Asus h97 pro.
Some z97 motherboards are available under 10k like msi z97 PC mate which will help you upgrade to a broadwell K CPU and hence enabling overclockability. If the requirement is basic features, a B85 board will do the job.

snipershot

4.6 GHz

will H97M-D3H will be worth the extra features over B85?

Its best you read about the difference between the two chipsets. You can find a short read here:

LGA 1150 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Check both the sections, First generation and Second Generation in the above article.

Hope this helps!

Regards!

OP
S

Suvrojit

Broken In
yes I'm from Kolkata and everyone here is a big fan of Gigabyte as it has robust built quality and its failure rate is very less.
Intel Core i5-4440 Review - Performance <---- take a look at this link too

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Are you from Kolkata? Then never opt for Gigabyte even if 99 out of 100 shopkeepers tell you to choose Gigabyte. Gigabyte after sales service is worst in Kolkata ( I am the latest victim of their horrible crap in the name of RMA). Better go for Asus/Asrock/MSI etc.

If you aren't from Kolkata then ignore what I said above. Their RMA handling is exactly opposite of Kolkata in other metros.
Post your experience in the Service and RMA section. :)

Top Bottom