Need a compact 5 incher

OP
P

pw4094

Broken In
Got the E8 yesterday. Nice build quality. I find HTC Sense a little irritating but I guess I'll get used to it as time passes.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Congratulations. Can you hold the phone easily with one hand? It's extremely big!
Anyway, it's a nice phone regardless.

OP
P

pw4094

Broken In
It's a good phone overall. I am able to use the touchscreen buttons with one hand without a problem. The power button placement seems a little odd. Camera is average though.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Forget about the camera, they all are same more or less, it's surprising to see that you can use it with one hand, I couldn't even hold the M7 properly, let alone using it with one hand!
Power button placement is just weird, don't know what hTC thinks there, however I'm sure it has that tap to wake function, so no biggie there.

OP
P

pw4094

Broken In
Yes haha I'm finding the tap to wake function incredibly useful. But one weird thing I've noticed so far with HTC Sense 6...there are no unread counts on icons(whatsapp, SMS etc). Kind of weird. I don't really want to switch to any launchers as the stock widget compatibility goes away..

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Hmm, that's weird. At least some unread counts should be there, nothing for SMS? Hmm! Well I've never used any stock launcher, be it Samsung's or hTC's or Moto's for that matter, so can't really say. I use just one or two widgets, so that's a different case for me anyway.
See if you can find some stock launcher based mod on XDA, there should be one, I believe.

Imperial_Raj

Broken In
Got the E8 yesterday. Nice build quality. I find HTC Sense a little irritating but I guess I'll get used to it as time passes.

Great! Congratulations :)
Yeah, Sense UI is not as simple as Xperia UI but, nevertheless, you'll get used to it soon.

OP
P

pw4094

Broken In
haha thanks! My short summary is mostly in layman's terms lol

Antutu : 37020

I've been using the phone for a couple of days. I keep the WiFi on the whole day and the phone barely heats up. I don't game much and haven't tested the phone with any resource hungry games as of now. The battery life does seem to be good. The screen is fantastic and I feel it's a big improvement over the Galaxy S5 I previously owned - images are much sharper and clearer although the blacks aren't anywhere close to those produced by the AMOLED's. Sound quality is fantastic, the dual speaker grilles int the front really make a difference.
I have the gray(matte finish) variant and the build quality I must say is awesome although I've got a concern about how long the matte finish will actually last before it starts peeling off.

Oh yeah, the call quality is also good haha!

kaz

right here
While reading first few comments I wanted to say that don't buy the E8, it has a crappy camera...Anyways congrats for your new phone

Top Bottom