Broken In
1. Budget?
> 35000-4000

2. Display type and size?
> 4.7 to 5 inch (max)

3. Dual sim?
> Not really necessary

4. Preferred choice of brand?
> Sony, HTC. I have extreme hatred towards Samsung. No LG either.

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
> Nothing in particular. The phones at these prices will have above average cameras anyways..

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
> Android only

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
> Would prefer a 4G ready phone but not a deal breaker by any means

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
> Mainly web browsing, Occasional Photography, multimedia. Not really into Mobile gaming..

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
> Xperia Z2 is one of them but I find it too long and big plus feels a little fragile. I really hope SONY releases a newer ZL
variant in India.

10. Any other info that you want to share
> FM radio required. IR blaster is also desirable but not a deal breaker

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

correction,*35000-40000

The only compact 5" phone that i have seen is Samsung galaxy S4.

You can check LG G2 also. If you really need a compact phone with flagship specs, then wait for Xperia Z3 Compact which is rumoured to have 4.5" screen

HTC phones are long, width is okay. Sony xperia Z1 & Z2 are too big

Last edited:

ankush28

Bazinga
Only *COMPACT* 5" phone I know is Nexus 5. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

techincally its 4.95" though...

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Go for S4 GPE (forget about warranty), if you want. Meaningless hatred IMHO, it's still the best phone in 5" category.
If build quality is north pole, then Nexus 5 and G2 both are south pole, so get whatever you like.

Even I'm waiting for a successor of XZL. That's probably the only Sony without that stupid glass material build.

OP
P

pw4094

Broken In
The reason why I hate Samsung is due to TouchWiz. And yeah, I just don't like the phones with glass backs. For me that doesn't give the phone the so badly needed "premium" feel.
Anyways, how about HTC ONE E8?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
The reason why I hate Samsung is due to TouchWiz. And yeah, I just don't like the phones with glass backs. For me that doesn't give the phone the so badly needed "premium" feel.
Anyways, how about HTC ONE E8?
I figured that, the hatred with TouchWiz is very common. And it's absolutely acceptable. Garbage skin.

Anyway, E8 seems a really nice phone. But it's not compact by any means, it's rather big, very big actually. Also make sure it doesn't have any quality control issues. The M8 had that awful camera lens scratch issue, so make sure nothing like that is going on with E8.

Imperial_Raj

Broken In
Any idea what's the best possible price I could get for the HTC One E8?
Well on Amazon here, it is available for Rs. 33,999. On Flipkart, price is Rs. 35,999 but MobileSstation offers it for Rs. 33,700. These are the lowest prices available online. Do check it out in your local market to find about the local prices and then decide.
PS: Yeah, I'm also rooting for Sony to release something like a ZL2. Although ZL isn't too bad today, but it really needs an upgrade to move back to the top of the list of compact 5-inchers.

Last edited:
OP
P

pw4094

Broken In
Local stores are pricing it higher.

ZL2(JAPAN)/Z2a(TAIWAN) is already released in Japan and Taiwan. I doubt it will be released worldwide. Specs are very similar to the Z2 and the best part is that it does NOT compromise on water or dust resistance. However the front camera is VGA which is a deal breaker for me. The unlocked version is available on eBay worldwide. But, I don't think it's worth the risk..

Sony Xperia Z2a - Full phone specifications

OP
P

pw4094

Broken In
Agreed it's a good phone but, I don't like the Vanilla stock android interface. Xperia UI for me is the best but I find the Z2 slightly out of my budget and a little to big.

Admit it guys nexus 5 is only 5" *compact* phone...that is usable with one hand.

Forget about N5 & S4, Nexus 4 isn't usable single handedly, i can't use the top left corner area when my phone is in right hand (even though my finger reaches there but lower portion of my palm touches the lower portion of screen).... For me Moto G was good for single hand operations

(For complete single handed operation, you must be able to touch all parts of your phone's screen, acc to me)

N5 & S4 have approx same width as my N4. Both are good phones, N5 for performance n dev support, whereas S4 for better battery life, camera, screen & some Touchwiz features, if you care about it

I personally liked the new galaxy Alpha & may upgrade to it after reading reviews or else Z3 Compact

Top Bottom