Need a cabinet with 5.25 bay, transparent side, HDD/Power LEDs, front facing connectors

quicky008

Technomancer
I finally managed to open the new cabinet today. I am disappointed by the build quality compared to my older Antec unit. This piece also seems to have been sitting in storage for far too long considering that the motherboard holding screws were rusted and cabinet surface itself had a thin fungus like coating in patches.

More importantly there is something strange with front panel connectors. The HDD LED connector is completely missing while power LED connector has double wiring. Is it possible that the assembler messed up while manufacturing the case?

Any one with Carbide Spec 01 case please comment.
i have bought the same case from amazon but received a brand new piece-looks like this primeabgb deliberately sent you an old product. Try writing to corsair at the email address shared in a previous post (indiaservice)-earlier their support was handled by kaizen but it may have changed now.Lets hope they will do something to remedy this.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Magically the HDD activity LED is blinking even when there are no separate leads connected. Is it possible that the power LED connectors also carry the same information or is it blinking based on any power draw variations due to hard disk drives spinning?

Because at least it is blinking I will just leave it as it is. I am going to be busy with figuring out warranty service for my PSU in the meanwhile.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
--------------
There was another thing. While trying to fit the motherboard back plate I noticed that the shape of the cut out in the cabinet is not perfectly rectangular. Due to this the back plate is not fitting properly.

Top Bottom