Need 4K TV 55" Budget 50K-60K

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Samsung QLED Q70A did not had VU Cinema Action kind of washed colors from the side. Sadly it was way out of my budget.

I am looking into PI-Hole as of now. Pi-hole comes with it own complications since I do not have knowledge of DHCP, DNS and all network related things I still have not finalized. Primary usage is to block ads. I don't need much from TV right now. If I find Pi-hole to be complex then I will buy Fire Stick.

Just saw new episode on TV of My Hero Academia on Netflix. The anime looks great on this TV I must say.

pi hole is simple, you just need to configure that semi gui script carefully, you dont need much deep info, but only prefer trusted blocklists, and you are good to go.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
pi hole is simple, you just need to configure that semi gui script carefully, you dont need much deep info, but only prefer trusted blocklists, and you are good to go.
I have no clue what exactly all this is. I read few things the official guide and could not find those things in my AC1200 router settings page. I am thinking to create a separate thread for pi-hole setup.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
I have no clue what exactly all this is. I read few things the official guide and could not find those things in my AC1200 router settings page. I am thinking to create a separate thread for pi-hole setup.

You only need to give two things from router
1)Static IP(just google "assign static IP in <your router brand>"
2)Redirect dns traffic to pi, which too can be done depending on router, but in case u use tp link, it is under DHCP.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^That is because Samsung applied additional layer to VA panel to improve the viewing angles. So, it depends upon the manufacturer how much they can enhance the VA panel. Which will obviously increase the cost of the TV.

Sony calls it X-Wide Angle.

Try playing 4K HDR videos and Remuxed Blu-Ray 4K

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
The screen developed a dead pixel. I have contacted the sales person again regarding this. I will update how the LG service is in my area. Sigh ...
Just for confirmation, I should accept only replacement, No repair, right?

Zangetsu

The screen developed a dead pixel. I have contacted the sales person again regarding this. I will update how the LG service is in my area. Sigh ...
That depends upon LG Service policy. If they say its repair then you have to accept it.
Sometimes, they even consider the count of dead pixels to be considered it under replacement/repair.

Accept repair if its panel replacement. I had the same issue on my Panasonic GX750 which my parents have. It took a lot of time, but later ended up upgrading the TV itself as panel was getting damaged while shipping.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.

Aint that too early? As @vidhubhushan said in other thread :
nowadays if you leave a Rs.10000 hdd on the table for 15 days, you can't be sure if it is going to work after that. the word quality has lost its meaning.
Similar concept applies to TV also....

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Thanks for the suggestion guys. I will accept even if its a panel replacement. If they say they dont provide service for one dead pixel then it will be waste of money for me since my 2nd preference was service. I even bought extended warranty!
Yes, quality in electronic devices is really bad. That was one reason I didn't wanted buy costly TV, with just 1 year warranty. Let's see how my decision pays off.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

^^That's partially true. You can't go wrong on Quality on TV costing a Bomb. But they are not bulletproof that they can't fail (there is always a margin for error). But the quality is definitely way ahead of budget TV(s). The premium TV(s) will have to maintain there quality otherwise the losses will be huge for them. Since, not many people buy costly TV(s).

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^^That's partially true. You can't go wrong on Quality on TV costing a Bomb. But they are not bulletproof that they can't fail (there is always a margin for error). But the quality is definitely way ahead of budget TV(s). The premium TV(s) will have to maintain there quality otherwise the losses will be huge for them. Since, not many people buy costly TV(s).
I understand that costly TV will have better panel and it's unfortunate to get dead pixel within 10 days. But they need to honor the warranty. Not hearing good thing as of now from LG ASS(pun intended) team. I am waiting for the final response from them. I will update the thread once I hear back from them.

Zangetsu

I understand that costly TV will have better panel and it's unfortunate to get dead pixel within 10 days. But they need to honor the warranty. Not hearing good thing as of now from LG ASS(pun intended) team. I am waiting for the final response from them. I will update the thread once I hear back from them.
Sometimes It happens with Reputed brands. There are only 38 Companies who are Six Sigma.

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
That's why I bought Vu. After intensive research on TV(s) found Vu to be the best in segment matching all the needed feature in a budget.

paying less than 50K for a TV which will last around 5yrs is a great deal IMHO. You can buy the HiSense model as they use the same panel in Vu. but after sales service of Vu is better than HiSense.

Even Toshiba has excellent PQ and beats Vu in some areas. But loses points in Service support.

Just remember that in Showroom they keep the brightness of all devices (Mobiles/Tabs/TV) to 100%
Hey @Zangetsu thanks for this recommendation!

I didn't want to over think this so just ordered the VU Ultra 4k TV 55" at 36k from Amazon. 1 year base warranty + 1 year extended warranty by Acko. Didn't want to spend the extra for the Cinema, maybe I'll get a soundbar separately in the future.

It's been 3 years without a TV now so this would be a huge upgrade for us!*www.indianvideogamer.com/forums/uploads/emoticons/default_dance.gif

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Has anyone connected their TV to PC to play games? I tried that just now with this blue rigger cable but all the games are locked at 30fps. But TV supports 60Hz refresh rate. on PC monitor games are running fine at 60fps.
Any idea abuot this? I will create a separate thread if its not a 1 post solution.

Has anyone connected their TV to PC to play games? I tried that just now with this blue rigger cable but all the games are locked at 30fps. But TV supports 60Hz refresh rate. on PC monitor games are running fine at 60fps.
Any idea abuot this? I will create a separate thread if its not a 1 post solution.
Make sure v sync is turned off or there are no fps caps in game's settings. Mention the games you tried. Check if Windows is rendering at 4K 60Hz.

Also, there's a possibility that the HDMI cable you bought is of old standard which supports up to 4K 30Hz only, regardless of what its spec page mentions. Raise a replacement request if you can rule out other stuff.

When I connect my laptop to a 4K TV, I have seen an fps lock of 30fps in FIFA & Forza Horizon 4 via its setting.

Top Bottom