Need 4K TV 55" Budget 50K-60K

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
So I am referring Notable Mentions on this rtings page to finalize models for demo. So far shortlisted
  1. Samsung AU70E, AU8000
  2. LG UP7000, UP8000
  3. Planning to ask VU Cinema Action also.
Considering only these because I need good After Sales Service.
Got some local prices from Croma and Vijay Sales website.
PS: I always disliked Sony generally, for their pricing but that dislike has increased even more.
I hope you are considering the pros/cons of all above model.

Why UP8000, AU8000 it doesn't not have a Local Dimming feature ? And in a 4K LED TV that is basic needed feature ?
Samsung/LG lowers the price but will remove the some basic needed feature.

Consider LG only if you are planning to get an OLED (because they are the leaders/innovators in this segment)
Even Sony OLED is unmatched with LG OLED

Always make sure to have these:
  • WCG
  • Local Dimming
  • Contrast Ratio
  • UpScaling

Choosing between Samsung & Sony is personal preference among viewers
Samsung (Vibrant Punchy Colors)
Sony (Life like real colors)

Last edited:
OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I hope you are considering the pros/cons of all above model.

Why UP8000, AU8000 it doesn't not have a Local Dimming feature ? And in a 4K LED TV that is basic needed feature ?
Samsung/LG lowers the price but will remove the some basic needed feature.

Consider LG only if you are planning to get an OLED (because they are the leaders/innovators in this segment)
Even Sony OLED is unmatched with LG OLED

Always make sure to have these:
  • WCG
  • Local Dimming
  • Contrast Ratio
  • UpScaling

Choosing between Samsung & Sony is personal preference among viewers
Samsung (Vibrant Punchy Colors)
Sony (Life like real colors)
LG UP8000 and Samsung AU8000 both doesn't have this local dimming feature. And these are already going beyond 60K. Below 60K TVs from Samsung/LG aren't even mentioned anywhere among worth considering.

I most definitely don't have budget for a OLED TV. I am considering LG because on rtings they mentioned it handles reflection better than Samsung AU8000 and also has a bit lesser input lag.

• What is WCG??
  • Local Dimming is available on LG Nanocell model where most basic model starts from 75K-80K I guess. Don;t know which Samsung model offers this.
  • Contrast Ratio of Samsung seems to be better than LG because of VA panel, but reflection and viewing angles are bad compared to LG as per rting review.
  • Upscaling is bad in LG/Samsung models I shortlisted?
Sony is having stupid cost and I don't want to pay (too much)premium for mediocre performance. If I get X80J at reasonable cost then I might consider. X90J or X95J are beyond 1L TVs so I am not considering those.
If had budget of 90K I would go for Frame and above 1L I will get C1/CX eyes closed. But my pocket is not deep enough.

LG UP8000 and Samsung AU8000 both doesn't have this local dimming feature. And these are already going beyond 60K. Below 60K TVs from Samsung/LG aren't even mentioned anywhere among worth considering.

I most definitely don't have budget for a OLED TV. I am considering LG because on rtings they mentioned it handles reflection better than Samsung AU8000 and also has a bit lesser input lag.

• What is WCG??
  • Local Dimming is available on LG Nanocell model where most basic model starts from 75K-80K I guess. Don;t know which Samsung model offers this.
  • Contrast Ratio of Samsung seems to be better than LG because of VA panel, but reflection and viewing angles are bad compared to LG as per rting review.
  • Upscaling is bad in LG/Samsung models I shortlisted?
Sony is having stupid cost and I don't want to pay (too much)premium for mediocre performance. If I get X80J at reasonable cost then I might consider. X90J or X95J are beyond 1L TVs so I am not considering those.
If had budget of 90K I would go for Frame and above 1L I will get C1/CX eyes closed. But my pocket is not deep enough.
- Wide Colour Gamut, maybe

- Local dimming is great for HDR, more like required for a good experience. I think FALD in Samsung starts at Q80, but at that price, I'll buy LG B1/C1 instead any day.

- Not sure of why reflections aren't great, but check these in local stores to see if its something that will bother you. IPS has better viewing angle than VA

- Samsung & LG usually have a good upscaler

Because of these predicaments, I'll personally buy a cheap 4K TV, when my time comes, because those provide good value for the money & are sufficient for most people easily. If I'm looking to spend a lot on TV, I'll go OLED.

Look for offers on 2020 The Frame, if you can extend your budget:
SAMSUNG The Frame 2020 Series 138 cm (55 inch) QLED Ultra HD (4K) Smart TV Online at best Prices In India

Zangetsu

^^not just HDR Local Dimming makes the black level deep black and the white the brightest white and also to maintain the light scattering around the entire panel uniform LD is a must have.

if you showcase any one with/without LD. Definitely LD will win any day. You can compromise on WCG (Wide Color Gamut) but no LD is a Big No.

LG Nanocell is excellent and after OLED they are the next to go for but obviously a High price.

Go and compare the models you think in Show room and post your findings here.

Last edited:
OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Uniform local dimming is a costly feature. May be, just may be I would of thought of spending nearly 1L on a TV if the lifetime of TVs were between 8-10yrs. For something as little as 5yrs, I would rather spend less. And after reading few reviews and information from my contacts, no TV survives that long and paying amount to fix after warranty period is just too costly after spending more than 60-70K.

Zangetsu

Uniform local dimming is a costly feature. May be, just may be I would of thought of spending nearly 1L on a TV if the lifetime of TVs were between 8-10yrs. For something as little as 5yrs, I would rather spend less. And after reading few reviews and information from my contacts, no TV survives that long and paying amount to fix after warranty period is just too costly after spending more than 60-70K.
That's why I bought Vu. After intensive research on TV(s) found Vu to be the best in segment matching all the needed feature in a budget.

paying less than 50K for a TV which will last around 5yrs is a great deal IMHO. You can buy the HiSense model as they use the same panel in Vu. but after sales service of Vu is better than HiSense.

Even Toshiba has excellent PQ and beats Vu in some areas. But loses points in Service support.

Just remember that in Showroom they keep the brightness of all devices (Mobiles/Tabs/TV) to 100%

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
so planned obsolescence? do u mean slow hardware except the display?
Everything is planned for obsolescence at this point. Not just TV hardware, display might display some problem as well. Knowing all this, it's hard to spending more money on phone, TV, washing machine and all.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
That's why I bought Vu. After intensive research on TV(s) found Vu to be the best in segment matching all the needed feature in a budget.

paying less than 50K for a TV which will last around 5yrs is a great deal IMHO. You can buy the HiSense model as they use the same panel in Vu. but after sales service of Vu is better than HiSense.

Even Toshiba has excellent PQ and beats Vu in some areas. But loses points in Service support.

Just remember that in Showroom they keep the brightness of all devices (Mobiles/Tabs/TV) to 100%
So you bought online or offline?? I am seriously considering VU now but don't want to buy from online store.

Zangetsu

Amazon. Seller was Cloudtail.
I bought this one
*www.amazon.in/inches-Ultra-Android...id=1631857693&sprefix=Vu+Ultra,aps,278&sr=8-1

Buying online is no problem. Warranty is valid and you get a call from Vu for TV setup and extended warranty.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
So you bought online or offline?? I am seriously considering VU now but don't want to buy from online store.
Why this apprehension on buying from Online?
Any bad experience?

Before buying look for seller profile, response and feedbacks.

As I told ago, Vu, Hisense and such TVs are minority in local shops (or Croma, and such shops) as people who visit shops would prefer reputed brands.

Online is safe playground for new players.

Hisense A71f provided 4yrs waranty (43inch model). I paid 28K. if it anyhow lasts next 4 yrs, its worth the money spent.

Remember one thing, Panels are going through constant change and innovation. The hip USP today may not even be a deciding factor 4-5 ears later.

Anyone can recall 3D TV? With glass and without glass. I know friends who bought such TV paying a hefty price. Can you find any such model now?

The mentality of buying once and forget next 20yrs is not applicable now, specially when considering today's panels.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
1st thing is I am hesitating to buy a TV without seeing a demo. 2nd thing is I am reading lot of reviews where people are just waiting for TV guys to come and install TV and since TV is bought from Amazon Flipkart, the customer care of the brand doesn't help in installation.

Hisense giving 4yrs warranty is good but only if the TV worked almost non-stop. If I am contacting customer care to send technician every 6-7 months for some problems then the entire experience with brand is ruined and the good feeling of saved money is replaced with regrets. Plus it's easy to nab Samsung/Sony guys since they must be having some service center in the city. I live in Chennai. I had similar thoughts about VU as well but it seems VU is well respected brand for their quality and service and the low cost put them in worth the money category.

On a side note, I plan to keep TV on a cabinet/table, no wall mounting. Would I need installation guys to come and do some initial setup in TV which I can't do myself?

Zangetsu

1st thing is I am hesitating to buy a TV without seeing a demo. 2nd thing is I am reading lot of reviews where people are just waiting for TV guys to come and install TV and since TV is bought from Amazon Flipkart, the customer care of the brand doesn't help in installation.

Hisense giving 4yrs warranty is good but only if the TV worked almost non-stop. If I am contacting customer care to send technician every 6-7 months for some problems then the entire experience with brand is ruined and the good feeling of saved money is replaced with regrets. Plus it's easy to nab Samsung/Sony guys since they must be having some service center in the city. I live in Chennai. I had similar thoughts about VU as well but it seems VU is well respected brand for their quality and service and the low cost put them in worth the money category.

On a side note, I plan to keep TV on a cabinet/table, no wall mounting. Would I need installation guys to come and do some initial setup in TV which I can't do myself?
Don't worry about online order as it depends on Seller.
You will get a SMS from Vu after the order date and I think Installation completion time is 72hrs.

Don't open the box even if you want to do the Table mount. As if there is any defect it won't be covered by Company. So, open the box only in front of the Installation Guy.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Don't worry about online order as it depends on Seller.
You will get a SMS from Vu after the order date and I think Installation completion time is 72hrs.

Don't open the box even if you want to do the Table mount. As if there is any defect it won't be covered by Company. So, open the box only in front of the Installation Guy.
Do a video of unboxing at that time. Would help you in claiming replacement/warranty if required.

khalil1210

In the zone
Also check out hisense 55inch U6G. It is launching at 60k

rtings review:
*www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/hisense/u6g

*www.hifivision.com/threads/hisense...-billion-days-55-700-nits-fald-at-₹60k.86327/

Also check out hisense 55inch U6G. It is launching at 60k

rtings review:
*www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/hisense/u6g

*www.hifivision.com/threads/hisense...-billion-days-55-700-nits-fald-at-₹60k.86327/
Seems promising. Although not many will be too keen on spending 60k on a Chinese/small brand TV. If HiSense builds a good service network & rep like Vu, maybe more people will buy it.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Hi guys!

Last week I could not cause of other personal commitments but this weekend I went and saw the models. As members suggested, LG, Samsung have different models in offline stores.
I could only 3 stores here and Reliance and Croma had best price among them. After reaching the showroom I got excited and got prices of few more TVs which are way over my budget but I am listing them anyway. None of them had VU models.
Cash back(CB)is on Credit Card.

Croma Store :
Samsung AU8200 : Rs.75K - 6K CB = 69K

LG UP7740 : 66K - 5K Cash back
55NANO75 2021 : Rs.80k - 7.5k CB; Effective cost coming around 73K (almost finalized)

Reliance Digital :
LG Nano80 2020 : Rs.85990 - 7.5K cash back = 78.5K

Samsung Q70A : 1.15L - (6k cash back + 5% discount on Showroom price) - 1.3L
Only 4k discount on following Sony models with showroom price
Sony 80J - 95K
Sony 85J- 1.2L
Sony 90J - 1.36L
Sony 90H - 1.09L

LG and Samsung both are giving 3 yrs warranty and Croma store is giving extended warranty by paying extra amount on top of manufacturer warranty, if I am interested. I am not sure how good Croma service is. Not thinking too much about it as of now but it's an option right now to go upto 3Yrs(manuf.) + 2Yrs(Croma) warranty.
Sony has just 1 year warranty on TV and additional 1 Yr on panel.

And there no discounts or offer on Sony models. Probably because Sony just sells because of quality even though it's higher priced.

4K content looked good on all of these TVs.
After seeing demo of Samsung AU8200 and LG UP7740, I quickly spotted the difference between VA and IPS panel with 1080p content. if its VA panel then TV must be at same height of seating arrangements. I can compromise little bit on the viewing angles since I do not have much of wide seating arrangement and my restricted budget.
Samsung was slightly better in picture quality than LG model in 1080p content. I saw 2 1080p songs played from pendrive on both the models.
The edges of things on the screen were slightly sharper on Samsung model. LG model had slightly blurry edges of things on screen.
I actually did not see the demo of LG Nano75 but the Croma personnel told me it is definitely better than above mentioned models and he can give me demo by next weekend. The Nano model was not on the display but packed in the store room. I am leaning towards Nano75 because the overall cost is just Rs.73K.

I did see the demo of the Nano80 at Reliance Digital store and it looked fine compared to LG UP7740 and bad against Sony 90H which was just below the Nano80 and hence I could not ignore. LG Nano80 and X80J were almost same I guess with Sony having slightly better sharpness.

Should I consider Sony X80J against LG Nano75? I could save huge amount by going with LG Nano75. Sony does seem to have good picture quality compared to Samsung LG counterparts in the same segment(basic 4K UHD TV).

I will be mostly using Netflix, Prime, Hotstar, Youtube for movies, series and sports. So I have shortlisted following models:

1. Samsung AU8200 : Rs.75K - 6K CB = 69K
  2. 55NANO75 2021 : Rs.80k - 7.5k CB; Effective cost coming around 73K (almost finalized)
  3. LG Nano80 2020 : Rs.85990 - 7.5K cash back = 78.5K
Please help me finalize the models and provide inputs.

Top Bottom