Need 4K TV 55" Budget 50K-60K

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Hi! I am in need of another suggestions from you lovely people.

1. Budget?
50K-60K. Can go up only if its absolutely worth it. Better if its cheaper.

2. Display type and size?
55" size. I don't know about display type.

3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily?
TV will be used for movies, series, live sports, Youtube and for games after connecting it with PC.
Since I don't plan to get Cable or DTH, I want to know how will I able to watch regional channels like Sun TV, Vijay TV. Sun has an option of online subscription so do I need to stream Sun TV in a browser like we generally do in PC?

4. Types and number of ports required?
Whatever comes in this budget.

5. Preferred choice of brand?
Sony, LG, Samsung. I am not sure about VU but I am considering it since the cost is significantly low. But quality wise it should be near the big 3.

6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
Samsung UA55AUE60AKLXL
Samsung UA55AUE70AKLXL
LG 55UP7500PTZ
LG 55UP7720PTY
Vu Premium (4K) LED Smart Android TV (55PM)
LG 55UP8000PTZ
Sony 55X80AJ
Last 2 I am adding just for comparison even though they are out of budget.

7. Any other info that you want to share.
  1. I prefer to buy it offline. Warranty and After Sales Service is really important for me. That is why I am not going for MI, Realme, Redmi, TCL, Oneplus.
  2. I realize that in my budget only 60Hz is possible which is fine. Looking for best overall experience, not just gaming.
  3. Another important thing is I will keeping TV on a table, it will not be wall mounted. So TV should have good strong stand. Because of the table my budget is low. If anyone can suggest good cheap table then please add that as well in suggestions.
  4. I will be purchasing the TV in Diwali or whenever the offer comes offline. I am not, Thought I will create thread now and based on your suggestions, will visit nearby showrooms/shops to watch a demo of suggested models.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 345628

Just an advice : Dont buy LG TV If you dont have amazon firestick . There are only limited no.of apps and the software(LGWEBOs) is so crappy .
You cant even adjust your streaming quality according to your bandwidth . Better buy an android TV since you can sideload apps

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Just an advice : Dont buy LG TV If you dont have amazon firestick . There are only limited no.of apps and the software(LGWEBOs) is so crappy .
You cant even adjust your streaming quality according to your bandwidth . Better buy an android TV since you can sideload apps
I do not have budget to go for a Firestick right now. I am also hesitating to go for Android TVs since I am reading that it gets slower with time. WebOS is also considered better than Tizen so I was actually considering LG.
Could you tell what kind of apps I might need to sideload?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Could you tell what kind of apps I might need to sideload?

WebOS does not work on android and so does not support sideloading.

Imo, the OS is subjective, the quality on lg tvs is good compared to other brands offering smart TV's. WebOS boots faster, works faster so is still better to buy than buying a android tv which takes 5 minutes to boot and other 2 minutes for being in a useful state. After that too, android slows down and most of the apps stops support after 5yrs.

D

Deleted member 345628

I can't have access to apps like JioCinema kinda apps ....... which are available on android smart TVs .

I personally havent compared android vs webos so I dont know about performance issues .

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I meant what apps I might need to sideload on android tv.

If its really 6-7 mins of startup time then it is kind of let down. I will still consider the TV if the movie/sports/gaming experience is best under this budget.

Edit: JioCinema, got it. Anything else?

D

Deleted member 345628

Yeah cool . Forgot to mention that some apps receive updates very slow . There is still no 4k support on hotstar app yet .

D

Deleted member 345628

*in.lgappstv.com/main

You can check this link for apps that are available on WebOS

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Does WebOS has any browser?

Since I don't plan to get Cable or DTH, I want to know how will I able to watch regional channels like Sun TV, Vijay TV. Sun has an option of online subscription so do I need to stream Sun TV in a browser like we generally do in PC? Updating this same in OP as well.

khalil1210

In the zone
@TheSloth do you have chroma, reliance digit or Vijaya sales in your city? I recommend you to tryout webos or tyzen there

And focus on tv display quality and speakers

You can easily attach a firestick or mibox to your tv for apps later if your TV becomes slow or doesn't support required apps

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@TheSloth do you have chroma, reliance digit or Vijaya sales in your city? I recommend you to tryout webos or tyzen there

And focus on tv display quality and speakers

You can easily attach a firestick or mibox to your tv for apps later if your TV becomes slow or doesn't support required apps
I am planning to try the stores you have mentioned once I shortlist some good models.
TV display and how snappy the UI will be my main focus. I plan to connect Edifier R1700BT to the TV so I can compromise on the speaker part.
Say in future I buy firestick, will that also become sluggish after 1-2yrs of usage?

Check the LG & Samsung ones in a store & see which looks better to you. IMO ~60k is a very weird spot as you can find similar or better TVs from smaller companies for cheaper.

The Vu Cinema Action looks good on paper for 50k with its 100W speakers, just the issue is android 9 OS, not 10.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Check the LG & Samsung ones in a store & see which looks better to you. IMO ~60k is a very weird spot as you can find similar or better TVs from smaller companies for cheaper.

The Vu Cinema Action looks good on paper for 50k with its 100W speakers, just the issue is android 9 OS, not 10.
What do you think will be the right budget to get a decent TV from the big 3, Sony LG Samsung?
I will try to get a demo of VU TV.

khalil1210

In the zone
Say in future I buy firestick, will that also become sluggish after 1-2yrs of usage?
I don't think firestick will become sluggish, you can always format or remove apps when not needed.

I am currently using firestick ( non-4k ) one for past 2 years on a sony 1080p tv. It is fine when watching youtube / hotstar / primevideo / netflix / spotify.

If you are buying, buy it at prime day sales. You can get it at lowest price.

What do you think will be the right budget to get a decent TV from the big 3, Sony LG Samsung?
I will try to get a demo of VU TV.
Maybe Samsung Frame 55" for 85k. It has a QLED 120Hz panel, a pretty competitive price. Cheaper Samsung & LG ones lack Dolby Vision, have inferior speakers, on paper. Although, Samsung & LG might have a better upscaler for HD & SD content than smaller companies, hence I recommend checking local stores. Not sure if you can find Vu TVs offline.

For some reason it's cheaper than other Samsung TVs in India. Based on its US price, it should have been 1 lakh+ here:
SAMSUNG The Frame 138 cm (55 inch) QLED Ultra HD (4K) Smart TV Online at best Prices In India
It's 93k on amazon. Check its rtings review.

If you are in a Tier 1 city, you can consider Vu or Xiaomi/Redmi. New Mi 5X TV seems good on paper.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^I am considering VU because of its low cost.
I saw this Frame series TV but its way out of my budget. I need to buy a table as well which will cost 10-15K and I am trying to keep my total expense for this purchase between 80-85K.
Samsung could have released a 60Hz model in Frame series for a lower cost but looks like it won't happen. So basically there are not good models between 60-80K from Sony/LG/Samsung?

@bubusam13 How is your new TV working? I almost finalized this model until I saw some negative reviews on amazon. What is your recommendation? If you had to buy again, would you go for same TV or different brand/model this time?

Another important thing is reflection! I am guessing we won't see reflections in Reliance/Croma or other TV showrooms because of their good lighting setups. How do I find out if the TV has reflective screen? I don't want reflective screen because TV would be on the opposite side of tube light.

Top Bottom