Need 16 inch best build laptop under 1lakh

Arun Prasad

Broken In
I want 16 inch with good build quality and good battery life laptop under 1 lakh.. my usage will be office, excel and some light works in CAD

geek.digit.in/community/threads/questionnaire-for-laptop-notebook-purchase.156722/

Fill the questionnaire.

Why a preference to 16"? You can save money potentially by getting a 15.6" laptop instead. Also does colour accuracy & gamut coverage matter to your work?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@whitestar_999 can internal links works normally? Questionnaire page is not external. I think new comers wont understand how to get questionnaire page from above link.

OP
A

Arun Prasad

Broken In
geek.digit.in/community/threads/questionnaire-for-laptop-notebook-purchase.156722/

Fill the questionnaire.

Why a preference to 16"? You can save money potentially by getting a 15.6" laptop instead. Also does colour accuracy & gamut coverage matter to your work?
Bcoz I want more work space and color accuracy doesn't matter

Some how I am inclined towards intel processor. Does it comes with intel too?
I don't know, maybe it does, check yourself & buy Intel if you want. I will prefer AMD because of better efficiency, thus better battery life. Intel 12th gen is superior in performance, but still not in efficiency. But Intel 12th gen laptops are overpriced, so is an easy not recommended from me. I predict that AMD will retain the efficiency crown for at least another year or so.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Asus Vivobook 16X, R5 5600H + 16GB RAM variant for ~57k should easily suffice. Do not get the 8GB RAM variant.
What about HP Victus? Also, I don't suggest anyone to buy asus laptop nowadays without buying ADP & not to take it to service centre before the ADP confirmation email come.

What about HP Victus? Also, I don't suggest anyone to buy asus laptop nowadays without buying ADP & not to take it to service centre before the ADP confirmation email come.
Should be a decent choice, but is more gamer focussed unlike Vivobook, so Vivobook should be better built. The hinge wobble of Victus is well documented.

OP
A

Arun Prasad

Broken In
I don't know, maybe it does, check yourself & buy Intel if you want. I will prefer AMD because of better efficiency, thus better battery life. Intel 12th gen is superior in performance, but still not in efficiency. But Intel 12th gen laptops are overpriced, so is an easy not recommended from me. I predict that AMD will retain the efficiency crown for at least another year or so.
How is the performance of AMD for my usage.. its only excel and light works in CAD

How is the performance of AMD for my usage.. its only excel and light works in CAD
R5 5600H ~ i5 11400H ~ R7 5700U

You are getting performance better than say 2-3 year old 6 core desktop CPUs. As good as you can get for the price. You work is not very performance intensive as even a quad core Intel i5 can handle that easily. Heavy CAD application needs a good CPU, GPU & more RAM as well, but if you are into it, you will be doing those in the company's computer, not in personal one as companies don't want their data to go out.

OP
A

Arun Prasad

Broken In
Just had a look on lenovo yoga 7i pro with intel i7 p series cpu.. 99k with 3 years warranty and 1 year accident protection and acer swift 3 i7 h series cpu with oled screen 98k with 1 year warranty only I liked both.. its 14 inch only but 16:10 ratio looks big..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just had a look on lenovo yoga 7i pro with intel i7 p series cpu.. 99k with 3 years warranty and 1 year accident protection and acer swift 3 i7 h series cpu with oled screen 98k with 1 year warranty only I liked both.. its 14 inch only but 16:10 ratio looks big..
If everything else is same then prefer laptop with at least 1 year ADP & 1 year extended warranty(so total 1+1=2 years standard warranty). Contact acer customer care though to check if similar adp & extended warranty offer available(it usually is for purchase from their official e-store or authorized offline showrooms).

OP
A

Arun Prasad

Broken In
If everything else is same then prefer laptop with at least 1 year ADP & 1 year extended warranty(so total 1+1=2 years standard warranty). Contact acer customer care though to check if similar adp & extended warranty offer available(it usually is for purchase from their official e-store or authorized offline showrooms).
Everything is same but acer has oled screen and h series processor. Any idea on quality of acer laptops and also am little bit concern about oled screen

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Everything is same but acer has oled screen and h series processor. Any idea on quality of acer laptops and also am little bit concern about oled screen
OLED screen carry risk of burn-in so unless main usage is media consumption I don't see any reason to prefer oled screen over ips not to mention oled screen also consume more power so battery backup too will be less than ips screen. All laptop manufacturers have reduced their build quality in last 3-4 years so it all comes down to after sales support & warranty/ADP.

Top Bottom