NAS Configuration for Home

PratikV

Broken In
Hi Guyz,

I want to configure a NAS System for my storage - Home.

I was thinking to get Synology Synology DS216j 2 Bay Desktop Network Attached Storage Enclosure: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessorie
Which is a 2 bay NAS Drive. (RAID or Single not confirmed.)

My planned and existing purchase includes 1 PC(E), 2 Laptops(E), 1 32LE5300 LG TV(E), 1 Samsung 4k 55JS9000 TV{Planned}.

Purpose of NAS is to Stream Video/Audio Stream, File Storage(connected to GDrive(DSM6.0)).

With Asus AC68U ADSL2+ Router, I can extend the Ethernet to my TV's and Desktop and 2 Laptops on Wifi. (2 Floors - 4000sq ft Bungalow)

I will use Raspberry Pi for streaming on LG TV.

Do you find this configuration appealing or faulty.

If you have any suggestions for this configuration please add the same.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
AC1900 First Look: NETGEAR R7000 & ASUS RT-AC68U - SmallNetBuilde
netgear R7000 seems a bit better.Also RT AC68U is not ADSL router,DSL AC68U is.I have seen only RT AC68U on major indian shopping sites.

OP
P

PratikV

Broken In
yeah that would be DSL-AC68U. I can get that from UK, The website suggests that it is compatible with ADSL2+.
Whenever i check the Asus forum or website about this product, a lot of them complaint over this model. Do you suggest any good Modem + Router combo.
I explicitly prefer both of them should be from same Company.

Thanks.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Both asus & netgear have good modems.In fact you can buy a cheap wired modem from one of these & pair them with one of the two models mentioned in above smallnetbuilder link after going through their performance review in that link.There aren't any detailed reviews available for DSL-AC68U but AC68U has a detailed review in that link.It comes down to which one you are more comfortable with,netgear or asus.

Top Bottom