My Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 Queries

insaneYLN

In the zone
Hello everyone!
:wave:

I strongly intend on discussing all issues/problems pertaining to my Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, within this single thread. My humble motive of creating this thread is to compile and catalogue the issue(s) I face with my GT-N7000, as and when it/they happen(s). It is intended to serve as my troubleshooting reference.
:blush: :toast:

promo87

Broken In
well,so would you mind sharing some of the problems with your N700 because I don't think without any questions there would be any answers ! :p

OP
I

insaneYLN

In the zone
Top half portion at the Rear, feels a bit too hot

well,so would you mind sharing some of the problems with your N700 because I don't think without any questions there would be any answers ! :p
@promo87, the first post was just for an introductory purpose.
:blush:

Coming to my first query; recently, I have noticeably felt the area around the rear camera, at the top half of the back panel has been quite hot, after using the device continuously (and thus subjecting the screen to remain on) for about 15 minutes or so. I have not been playing games and watching movies on my device.

Could this malady be attributed to the fact that the stock OEM (default) battery, is two years and nearly ten months old?
:chinscratch:

ankush28

Bazinga
Screen in not turning OFF because you have told it to do so. Go to settings>display and change it.

Else overheating/lagging stuff, only one solution --->Buy New Phone! Period. :D

OP
I

insaneYLN

In the zone
Top half portion at the Rear, feels a bit too hot

@ankush28 and @kkn13, thank you very much for your replies.
:smile:

Screen in not turning OFF because you have told it to do so. Go to settings>display and change it.

Else overheating/lagging stuff, only one solution --->Buy New Phone! Period. :D
@ankush28, I apologise as my previous statement was perhaps vague. By "subjecting the screen to remain on", I was referring to the fact that while I am using the device at a stretch, the screen is faultlessly forced to remain on because of my interaction.
There is no issue/problem with the screen turning off during inactivity, as the Screen timeout under Display is set to After 15 seconds of inactivity, which it does flawlessly!
:nanananana:

change the rom to cyanogenmod or karbon
@kkn13, I have been running my device on AllianceROM N7000 ICS Final, a custom Ice Cream Sandwich firmware for over a year. But, I will definitely try other firmwares, in due time.
:blush: :ashamed:

Albeit the device does not overheat exceedingly per se, and there is no lag at all, only the area around the rear camera, at the top half of the back panel becomes hot, after using the device at a stretch for about 15 minutes or so. The screen itself also feels equally hot. Once the screen is turned off manually, or does so automatically with the screen timeout taking effect, and left in the turned off state, it cools down progressively.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Re: Top half portion at the Rear, feels a bit too hot

@ankush28 and @kkn13, thank you very much for your replies.
:smile:

@ankush28, I apologise as my previous statement was perhaps vague. By "subjecting the screen to remain on", I was referring to the fact that while I am using the device at a stretch, the screen is faultlessly forced to remain on because of my interaction.
There is no issue/problem with the screen turning off during inactivity, as the Screen timeout under Display is set to After 15 seconds of inactivity, which it does flawlessly!
:nanananana:

@kkn13, I have been running my device on AllianceROM N7000 ICS Final, a custom Ice Cream Sandwich firmware for over a year. But, I will definitely try other firmwares, in due time.
:blush: :ashamed:

Albeit the device does not overheat exceedingly per se, and there is no lag at all, only the area around the rear camera, at the top half of the back panel becomes hot, after using the device at a stretch for about 15 minutes or so. The screen itself also feels equally hot. Once the screen is turned off manually, or does so automatically with the screen timeout taking effect, and left in the turned off state, it cools down progressively.

could be the battery giving out then
try changing the battery or something
or atleast monitor the battery
check for damage physically(stickers bulges,etc)

OP
I

insaneYLN

In the zone
Testing a NEW Battery

could be the battery giving out then
try changing the battery or something
or atleast monitor the battery
check for damage physically(stickers bulges,etc)
@kkn13, I have physically inspected the stock OEM battery of my device and there is no bulge on it. Also, the sticker is not peeling off and there are no other evident signs of damage.
:blink:

Nonetheless, I have ordered a MugenPower HLI-N7000SL 2650mAh battery, which should arrive by early October. What test(s) can/should I perform on this new battery, to assess its integrity, and other physical and logical aspects?
As stated in an earlier post, I am currently on a custom Ice Cream Sandwich firmware. Is it suggested/recommended to flash a stock firmware (to maintain a 'control setting') before carrying out any test on the new battery?
:reading: :unsure:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Re: Testing a NEW Battery

@kkn13, I have physically inspected the stock OEM battery of my device and there is no bulge on it. Also, the sticker is not peeling off and there are no other evident signs of damage.

Nonetheless, I have ordered a MugenPower HLI-N7000SL 2650mAh battery, which should arrive by early October. What test(s) can/should I perform on this new battery, to assess its integrity, and other physical and logical aspects?
As stated in an earlier post, I am currently on a custom Ice Cream Sandwich firmware. Is it suggested/recommended to flash a stock firmware (to maintain a 'control setting') before carrying out any test on the new battery?
:reading: :unsure:

yeah its worth a shot
dont use any battery apps for a few days though and see how it works

OP
I

insaneYLN

In the zone

yeah its worth a shot
dont use any battery apps for a few days though and see how it works

Should I flash a stock firmware before carrying out any test(s) on the new battery? Also, what test(s) should I perform?
:unsure:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

Should I flash a stock firmware before carrying out any test(s) on the new battery? Also, what test(s) should I perform?
:unsure:

you can do that just in case and just use it normally for a few days and see if the battery life is erratic

promo87

Broken In
Re: Top half portion at the Rear, feels a bit too hot

@promo87, the first post was just for an introductory purpose.
:blush:

Coming to my first query; recently, I have noticeably felt the area around the rear camera, at the top half of the back panel has been quite hot, after using the device continuously (and thus subjecting the screen to remain on) for about 15 minutes or so. I have not been playing games and watching movies on my device.

Could this malady be attributed to the fact that the stock OEM (default) battery, is two years and nearly ten months old?

Well, there may be some problems with the device battery couldn't tell correctly but I guess it has to be battery okay do one thing remove the battery and try spinning it over the flat surface and see if the battery spins freely then I would say the battery may be swollen and requires replacement. So, I would say you would better check the battery out and then let me know if the problem isn't with the battery then I am sure we will try to see where else the problem is !

OP
I

insaneYLN

In the zone
Persistent issue with android.process.acore

I moved from a stock Ice Cream Sandwich TouchWiz firmware to a custom Ice Cream Sandwich TouchWiz one - RocketROM. Prior to flashing the said custom firmware, I performed a backup of all user apps + system data within Titanium Backup. Two options I always remember to keep enabled are - Auto-sync TB settings and Migrate system data.
After flashing RocketROM, I performed a restore of most useful system items (the entries marked in green colour) such as contacts, messages, calendar, etcetera. However, after numerous trial and error instances, I have observed that, after restoring the Contacts Storage and subsequently rebooting my device, the following error persists continuously -
Unfortunately, the process
android.process.acore has stopped.
:banghead:

Is there any way I can get back my contacts backup, for within Titanium Backup, is the only backup I have.
:chinscratch: :ashamed: :pray:

Top Bottom