My recent experience with Dell and SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdsak

Broken In
Hi,
posting in TD forum after long time

I want share my experience with you all. I dont hate above brand. I in fact love Sony and Dell and you can call me a SE fan boy( all my last three fones are SE). Regarding dell, I love apple more. so things said i will give you my experience.

Story 1
When a guy sell u a mobile he says i has got online warranty. You believe in such things and live your life. But it is a myth
Last year i brought P1i in chennai. Now i shifted to coimbatore so i left all my warranty papers in my home town. I did expect my mobile to malfunction as i am sony fan. So i didnt bring all those thing with me. So when my mobil did malfuntion ( volume in ear piece got very low ), i went to service center, said i have online warranty. ( see this is not the first time i got a problem with P1I last year my touch screen was dead and i want to service center in chennai where i got it repaired with online warranty no bills and it worked once with nokia also). The girl said no online warranty only paper. i got irritated and argued. Then she said u have no warranty. Helpless, I said them to take my mobile as i cant use it and repair it and while collecting back i will give my warranty papers. She want take it. Only warraty. I said atleast check it today i will bring paper as soon as possiple and the u can replace the part. No. At this point i left. Luckily my phone started working properly in the evening. See sony products are very good. Only their customer service is pathetic, done by Accel. They should do it themselves
Another point, i am not complaining about this online warranty or whatever. You can except things like that function well. Thing is the way they behaved in service center. Pathetic. You go to any service center any company and you will find some customer fighting there with fault most of the time on the company's side. People there talk as though they done PhD in warranty. They will find someway to irritate you. May be this is a strategy to discourage customers from claiming warranty. I dont know.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Not just Sony. Same thing happens with many products. By bad lucky, if the phone falls into wrong hands (support agent), it will be a nightmare for you.

OP
D

drdsak

Broken In
Story 2
Dell. I love dell. Way you can configure. Uncomparable. So i bought green Inspirion 1520 ( 1.8Ghz 1gb ram Nvidia 8600GT with 256Mb ram, Vista HP, WSXGA+ total 65k in 2007) forr my sister. Last year warranty over. Suddenly one day when turned on, only caps lock blinked, no display. Even though i am doctor, i know something about computer. ( I have assembled myself computer for my friends, and my feeds include Anandtech, GSMArena, Engadget, Dailytech, Whathifi and many tech sites. I fix small to medium problems of computers) Enough of background details. When she told me, i guessed it is a probably a problem of ram. So i took the notebook. Thing is I didnt have a screwdriver. So i took it to a shop in Ritchie Street ( thought i can change the ram there) and asked the fellow who either knows nothing or thought i know nothing said that ram is ok but motherboard gone and he can fix it. I thanked him and called Dell. I can tell you all are my faults in this story and a screw driver would have solved all the problem. Dell said ok, since no problem in RAM, pay 15k by DD, plus 1.5k for that tech person, and we will send the MB with that person. I was shocked. He also didnt know what the problem is, but will only respond if i pay for the part. He wont send a person to diagnose. I didnt get irritated, but thought that probably he is right. So i went out, brought a screwdriver, removed the ram below the KB and system started and brought 2x2GB DDR2 ram for 2.6k ( in oct 2008 in ritchie st). Problem solved.
I dont blame dell in this story because it is all my faults. This is just an experience that how a screwdriver would have saved lot of trouble. So keep one handy.

OP
D

drdsak

Broken In
Story 3
This is most important one as it happened today and force me to write.
You should learn from you experience. I didnt. Lesson is there is no substitute to go and buy things in a shop. Online ordering. No. There is no human touch in it. There is no bond between customer and seller. Too mechanical. May be suit Americans. Not here. With no proper consumer movement, it wont work. nd the hassle. Whether the draft has reached, repeated calling the sales person, no, not for me. But i love Dell. So i will buy one. Macs is too costly. Cant afford. So i order a Dell 1555 in april, some 20 days after its release, very happy about buying newly released notebook configured it and it arrived even before delivery date. ( Ruby red studio 1555, 2.4Ghz P8600, 4GB DDR2 Ram, ATI 4570 512 MB, Backlit KB, Vista HP, 320GB HD @ 7200rpm, NO CARRYING CASE, free BT mouse, wxga 720p led display which is actually lower than my prev inspiron wsxga+ @ price 65k, windows xperience index 4.9 in windows 7 which i am using right now). So i loved my studia. nice color. good display ( though it dint have gr8 viewing angle - very poor vertical viewing angle, i love my inspiron display). But more vibrant and good for watching movies and game. And overall impression also good. Ran NFS undercover at high settings and 2x AA and anisotrope, ran crysis at medium no AA. Good i can recommend it to you. Only thing is about power cord. See it has a point where the inner wires r display ( thanks to the guy who designed) now after two months the length of wire display is progressively increasing. May be you dont get it. But i will try to pst some photos. The wires kink and you get a feeling that it will get cut. So it put tape on it to stabilze it. That is not the problem.
Problem is yesterday night i found that my Fn key has partly come out. I tried to fix it but i didnt try much as i thought i have a warranty, why mess with things. All these self repair i can do it myself after 1 year. Call the tech support. What r they for but to do these things. So called them today morning. Told them all problems. Guy listened. Put me on hold for sometime and told me, Sir for getting your keyboard repaired, you have to pay only 8k thats the price of our complete cover. I tried stay calm. I asked him does he understand what he is talking. He said yes. I asked him that he is practically trying to push his product to me. Then i told that what is the advantage of buying in dell cause if i brought it in a store the guy would have fixed it in no time. Then he said me the most beautiful ting i have ever heard - YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE THAT. If you dont learn from you mistake, people will slap like this. Then i asked him how much the key board will cost. He wont anwser that question but will tell me to by that cover. May be he has achive some target today and thought i sounded like moron. Then finally he said he will connect me to his superior ( PhD guy probably) and put me on hold. No sound for next 15 mins. I cut that call and i anger sat and looked the key, found that it has come out hinge and fixed it with my pen. Thats it. 8k for that. Can you believe this?
Keyboard now covered in standard dell warranty. Thats news to me. And I spent extra for this backlit KB.
I dont know what to say.
Only thing is these people are discouraging customers from coming back top them with problem. Their only aim is to sell it. How sweet the sale person talks and how bad the tech support person sounds. Pathetic consumer support.
They cant do this to people in US or Europe. In their forum people talk about replacement. My friend took three months to get replacement for his E90. E90 nokia's flagship model. so what about other models. You can guess. They are do those things which they cannot do in other markets.
I still dont say that dont buy any particular product. If you like it, you buy. I am just say how bad the consumer are treated. That is. Comments welcome.

dreams

Gracias Senor
all the 3 stories r gr8..fortunately its a lesson for all, small problems, try it urself and dnt run behind the dealers.
I am also a fan of Sony, but till now never experienced any problems, cos I normally buy it from Sony store, eventhou its costlier, i dnt mind. cos we do not know whether we r getting the original equipments frm cheap dealers.
one real story here, one of my frnd works in univercell, i askd him can u get me a gud mob for cheap, then he replied, in univercell, we polish the old mobiles and sell it as new. this is the reason we are able to provide gr8 discounts. frm tht day on, never ever went by the side of the store.
ur story is a eye opener for all, gud thing is, u get all fixed by urself. kudos.
Note: I am also from chennai.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@drdsak, did you try calling to Dell Customer care and speaking to other agent after the call this morning. Atleast you should've taken the earlier agent's name and complaint number and requested escalation for giving you false information and trying to push product down your throat.

Try calling again now and see how they respond. Tell them that you won't pay a single paisa as the product is under warranty and that as per the terms they have to send a person to fix it.

PS: I hope thinkdigit management digs into this totally irresponsible behaviour by Dell agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom