My nightmare experience with Sony Xperia Z1 Compact - Self cracking screen

samudragupta

Youngling
cheat the consumers ofcourse!! and thank god i was about to buy the z3c on its launch date but after reading so many horror stories about the self crack screen and pathetic sony service i decided to go the htc way.. im glad i made the right choice

and good luck with your fight against these cheaters

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Who doesn't?

S4 had crackling screen too. Remember the topic where people kept reporting that the phone's glass broke by just taking it out of jeans pocket?

M8, see how many users have reported camera lens scratch problem.

Everyone can see what iPhone 6 is doing!

If you call Sony a cheater then almost everyone is.

samudragupta

Youngling
so u are comparing a lens scratch issue with lcd crack!! z1, z1c and z2 all had issues and sony could not get it right? BTW htc lens scratch is not a recurring issue with all the htc models, is it?
can one live with a scratch on the lens : yes, perhaps get it fixed for a minor cost
can one live with a crack on the lcd screen: hell no! pay half the price of the phone!
i have been using a sony xperia sp and it had network issues, when i went to the repair center they told me that it was a physical damage and i would be charged..lol i couldnt believe it!! and i know i never dropped my phone ever or it never went any physical assault...
i am not saying that all sony products are bad (heck i use a pair of 4k sony earphones and they are awesome, check my signature), only that their xperia series seems pathetic backed up by their awful sony repairs team... :) peace

Last edited:
OP
S

Scouser89

Right off the assembly line
Did you win the case or any responses from sony !!

Hi Ayuclack, I am sorry I couldn't reply before. I am rigorously pursuing it with them and they are shamelessly adamant about the fact that it really isn't an issue. When asked for refund, an AM in their customer care division told that there is no such policy for refund and that they will address the issue genuinely if it happens again.

I am just about done following up with them and will put a proper complaint in the consumer court as this road has sadly reached a dead end for me.

polupoka

In the zone
Great thread! many many thanx to OP! If I can see this thread last week!

I had doubt when I saw my Z1 has 6 months accidental protection!ITS NOT AN OFFER...RATHER THAN A DISGUISED MARKETING STRATEGY!!!! TO HIDE FAULT AS WELL AS WAY TO INCREASE SALE(FOOL PEOPLE)!
MY SHORT STORY:
My xperia z1 SUDDENLY died 5 days ago. repair cost including screen 28k. so no ***king repair! they ask me to give it for 6K. I said no. Cos I RATHER HAVE A PLAN. I WILL SHOW THIS FAULT TO OTHERS AND MAKE ATLEAST 10 TIMES LOSS(THAT IS 399000/-) OF SONY . Repair cost including screen is 28k. so no ***king repair! they ask me to give it for 6K. I said no. Cos I RATHER HAVE A PLAN. I WILL SHOW THIS FAULT TO OTHERS AND MAKE ATLEAST 10 TIMES LOSS(THAT IS 399000/-) OF SONY :twisted: I think If all consumers start doing this all companies will stop fooling us!!!!

Top Bottom